Honey Island Shooting Range to FINALLY reopen Friday June 12.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    The Pearl River/Honey Island Shooting Range at Pearl River Wildlife Management Area (WMA) will re-open Friday (June 12) at 11 a.m., the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) announced.

Needed bridge repairs have been completed allowing access to the range through the cooperative efforts of LDWF, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Southeast Louisiana Firearms Safety Inc. (SELFS).

The range will be operating under Louisiana’s Phase-2 Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions until further notice. This may result in limited availability and users are asked to be patient, maintain their social distance and abide by all range safety officer directions.

For more information, go to https://www.honeyisland.org.

csg1027

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Metry
    The Pearl River/Honey Island Shooting Range at Pearl River Wildlife Management Area (WMA) will re-open Friday (June 12) at 11 a.m., the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) announced.

Needed bridge repairs have been completed allowing access to the range through the cooperative efforts of LDWF, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development and the Southeast Louisiana Firearms Safety Inc. (SELFS).

The range will be operating under Louisiana’s Phase-2 Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions until further notice. This may result in limited availability and users are asked to be patient, maintain their social distance and abide by all range safety officer directions.

For more information, go to https://www.honeyisland.org.

Thanks for the update. My dad, brother, and I are planning to come to the range this coming Saturday. Will the three of us be able to share a lane given the Phase-2 guidelines?

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Thanks for the update. My dad, brother, and I are planning to come to the range this coming Saturday. Will the three of us be able to share a lane given the Phase-2 guidelines?

Yes. As long as you arrive as a group, your group can share a shooting lane. We just ask that you don't wander around and be sure to observe social distancing guidelines from others not in your group.

csg1027

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Metry
    I made it out to Honey Island Saturday. It was quite crowded, but the range officers did a good job of keeping things moving and we didn't really have to wait long at all to get a lane. Kudos to the guys running the range. Nice fun and safe environment. Well worth the drive from Metry.

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    I made it out to Honey Island Saturday. It was quite crowded, but the range officers did a good job of keeping things moving and we didn't really have to wait long at all to get a lane. Kudos to the guys running the range. Nice fun and safe environment. Well worth the drive from Metry.

Sundays have been our busiest day of the weekends thus far since we've reopened. The first Sunday was honestly a cluster since we didn't know what to expect and we were overwhelmed with a huge crowd.

We're so thankful to all of our customers who've come back to shoot with us. Everyone I've talked to has said they're happy we've finally reopened. Also seeing a HUGE amount of new gun owners with new "toys". That's always a good thing and sometimes a bad thing since some of those noobs don't know the first thing about guns and that's when the Safety part of "Range Safety Officer" kicks in and we really earn our pay. (We're an all volunteer organization, in case you didn't know. So the joke's on us. Hahaha!)

Again I want to give a huge "thank you" to you and all of the shooters who've come back out since we reopened. We're extremely thankful.

csg1027

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Metry
    Sundays have been our busiest day of the weekends thus far since we've reopened. The first Sunday was honestly a cluster since we didn't know what to expect and we were overwhelmed with a huge crowd.

We're so thankful to all of our customers who've come back to shoot with us. Everyone I've talked to has said they're happy we've finally reopened. Also seeing a HUGE amount of new gun owners with new "toys". That's always a good thing and sometimes a bad thing since some of those noobs don't know the first thing about guns and that's when the Safety part of "Range Safety Officer" kicks in and we really earn our pay. (We're an all volunteer organization, in case you didn't know. So the joke's on us. Hahaha!)

Again I want to give a huge "thank you" to you and all of the shooters who've come back out since we reopened. We're extremely thankful.

I understand that y'all are volunteers, and we are thankful for the time y'all donate to us shooters. Is there a way we can donate to the cause?

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    I understand that y'all are volunteers, and we are thankful for the time y'all donate to us shooters. Is there a way we can donate to the cause?

Thanks for the offer. We do accept donations and all of that money goes into the upgrades we do at the range (solar power for P.A. system, cover over shotgun line, extension of rifle line from 15 to 17 lanes, widened the entire pistol line by 10 feet to add more room behind firing line, sidewalk from desk to pistol line, and handicapped parking on the range are several examples of things we've done over the last 6 years since I've been with the organization).

So yes, we accept donations and we put them to good use for you, the shooters, as you can see. Next time you're at the range, there's an orange painted ammo can on the check in desk. Feel free to add whatever donations you'd like to add in that.

For larger donations, if you'd like to send them via mail to our Rangemaster at the address here: https://www.honeyisland.org/range-donations.htm

Thank you for your support. We're extremely appreciative.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom