SilencerCo Piston Compatibility

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My "free" SilencerCo Octane 45 HD was approved on 06/01/2020. Now I'm just waiting on the stamp to make it to the shop. And I have to pick up some pistons. The 1/2 x 28 seems to be sold out at a lot of places. I've heard Rugged pistons and SilencerCo pistons are interchangeable. If so, that may increase my chances of finding one. Does anyone have any experience with those pistons? Are there any other interchangeable pistons?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I either use Landry guns or I have ordered a few things from this site, great prices and fast shipping

https://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-piston-osprey-octane-hybrid-omega.html

They also usually have a compatibility chart, seems to be sold out here to lol

It's sold out at a lot of places. And the compatibility info came from another discussion thread so there's no guarantee of its reliability.

1/2x28 is in stock at Silencerco.

It is. And if supply and demand dictates I pay MSRP, so be it. But the purpose of my post was compatibility rather than availability.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It is. And if supply and demand dictates I pay MSRP, so be it. But the purpose of my post was compatibility rather than availability.

Your options are Rugged or Silencerco pistons. Dead Air says their Odessa-9 silencer is compatible with SiCo and Rugged pistons, so I would assume they are identical.

Copper Custom has the 1/2x28 piston in stock as well for $68ish.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    the Blackhawk pistons were made for them by SilencerCo and for a while people were buying them as cheap pistons for their SiCo cans. JoeBobs had them for a bit. i've read that SiCo pistons will work in a Rugged and before SiCo came out w/ their compact 3lug, i used the Rugged short 3 lug mount on my SWR Octane9HD. Being that Henry worked at both companies, I assume there will be some similarities. The Octane is his design and came from when he was at SWR.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I’m going to have to keep an eye on this thread. I have a 45hd waiting for approval. I’m not 100% sure if it comes with a piston Bc it was only 300 bucks. I did buy a 3 lug for it Bc I plan to put it in my mac10 sub gun. But wouldn’t hurt to have a few extra pistons.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Your options are Rugged or Silencerco pistons. Dead Air says their Odessa-9 silencer is compatible with SiCo and Rugged pistons, so I would assume they are identical.

Copper Custom has the 1/2x28 piston in stock as well for $68ish.

I saw the note about Odessa compatibility with SiCo and Rugged legacy pistons but I wasn't sure what they considered legacy. It seems the Octane pistons were changed at some point and the old and new aren't compatible.

Copper Custom will let you add it to your cart but shows out of stock when you look at your cart.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Have you called interstate guns in Hammond? Last time I was in there they had a lot of SiCo pistons.

No, I did not call them. I looked at their site and found Dead Air pistons but no SilencerCo pistons. And I started really looking late yesterday evening. As far as availability, someone reached out to me on here and I may have a line on one in the package. Even with that, I still think it's good to share the knowledge in case the next guy has the same question. Like noob.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I saw the note about Odessa compatibility with SiCo and Rugged legacy pistons but I wasn't sure what they considered legacy. It seems the Octane pistons were changed at some point and the old and new aren't compatible.

Copper Custom will let you add it to your cart but shows out of stock when you look at your cart.

Call Dead Air and ask.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    We have 1/2-28 SCO in stock. And yes the Dead Air Odessa, Rugged, and SCO can all use the same pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    The extended is seldom used. AC25 is what most people want. We have a bunch. We try to keep everything in stock but the manufacturers make it hard.

369ea776d7d953fd4db7cbec89b0180a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom