Message to Wal-Mart: "You Let Them Steal Itl! You Racists!"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    “Racial profiling” -

Plenty of items get locked up including condoms. Some Walmart locations put anti-theft devices on laundry detergent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Too much inventory variance. :rofl:

Seems to reason any ‘African American’ person pointing that out might be embarrassed by the statistical data would cause Walmart to consider that the best choice for a display.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    *Racial profiling* -

Plenty of items get locked up including condoms. Some Walmart locations put anti-theft devices on laundry detergent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard them put out the call "someone needed at family planning" over the intercom. Yep they lock up the rubbers now.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    The Walmart near me locks up Tide pods to keep kids from eating them. Other types of detergent pods are not locked up.
    This is a real head-scratcher to me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The Walmart near me locks up Tide pods to keep kids from eating them. Other types of detergent pods are not locked up.
    This is a real head-scratcher to me.

It’s Walmart
    You might be surprised at what they lock up and why but I’m told it’s very simple.
    What: 2 dollar phone cases and charging cords
    Why: because they made the shoplifting list. In fact, anything cell phone related ranks pretty high on frequently lifted items.
    What/why: items on the frequently lifted list that have no anti theft strip or chip in the packaging.
    Anything guns and ammo related because it’s Walmart.

So, looks like those products somehow made the list at those few stores. I’m betting there will be a few extra cams directed at that section now.

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    My brother worked at a wal mart years ago, he told be the biggest theft item at the time was pregnancy test. They would take them in the bathroom and use.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I was a service contractor for Wal-Mart for 15 years. What the article says is true, if the manager cannot stop the theft, by any means, they get a new manager. Cosmetics was always one of the biggest loss items. That's why you see so many cameras and now a register in the Health/Beauty aids.

By the way, WM employee theft is SEVEN times what the public is stealing. The facts I know.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    They need to liberate what little ammo they still sell too.

I stopped buying ammo at Walmart when they began keeping records. It's not the record so much as the idiocy of the checkout. I hadn't heard of the policy and stopped by to get some 22 LR. After waiting a long time for the associate to show up with the key, I had to endure the following:

Associate: Is this for a rifle or a handgun.
    Me: It's for both.
    Associate: It can't be for both. The form says so.
    Me: Oh? What does it say on the box?
    Associate: 22 Long Rifle.
    Me: Then it must be for a rifle, I guess.
    Associate: So do you still want it?
    Me : Yeah I'll stick it in and see if it fits. You never know, right?

The associate checked her box for rifle while giving me the strangest look. :dunno:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Screw Walmart. A couple of weeks ago I had a coon in my henhouse that killed three laying hens. I haven't had a .22 rifle since I gave mine to my son 20 years ago, so I went to WM to purchase a 10/22 so I could dispatch the coon. It took almost 15 minutes to get someone to the gun counter, then she told me that it takes two persons to check out a gun and the other person was at lunch. Then she told me that NICS was backed up and it could take several days to get approved. I explained that I had a CCW permit and that there was no waiting period for me, but she didn't waver in her beliefs. Walked out and went to Academy and got the same rifle for $20 cheaper, and was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Then I had to shoot the coon. That SOB put up a hell of a fight even after I shot him between the eyes.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I've heard them put out the call "someone needed at family planning" over the intercom. Yep they lock up the rubbers now.

Hmmm...I bet it wasn't the same customer that would be "buying" dat Jheri curl grease. Using rubbers ain't on the agenda fo dem.

Last edited:

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    No worries, Wally-World is simply going to put out an apology for trying to slow down loss from theft and that they were wrong to attempt to do such a thing.

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    You might be surprised at what they lock up and why but I’m told it’s very simple.
    What: 2 dollar phone cases and charging cords
    Why: because they made the shoplifting list. In fact, anything cell phone related ranks pretty high on frequently lifted items.
    What/why: items on the frequently lifted list that have no anti theft strip or chip in the packaging.
    Anything guns and ammo related because it’s Walmart.

So, looks like those products somehow made the list at those few stores. I’m betting there will be a few extra cams directed at that section now.

Yet, even knowing they have cameras directed on the guns and ammo, they still can't get an employee there to open the ammo case without me wasting 45 minutes going to other departments and having someone paged for help 2 or 3 times - every single time I go there for ammo. I bet if they thought I was breaking into the case, someone would be there pretty quick!

Top Bottom