Join BayouShooter For Free

View Poll Results: Do you shoot your airgun more than your powder burners?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I shot my airgun all the time!!

6 75.00%
  • No, it's just a novelty to me.

2 25.00%

User Info Menu

Do you shoot your airgun more than your powder burners?

If so, what is your airgun of choice?

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I had RWS/Diana rifles for years and only have the 54 mag now. I switched to all .22 cal about 10 years ago except for the oldies I no longer shoot.
    Liking my Nitro piston high dollar Benjamin but the RWS is still top dog at my house, especially for tree rats. Crow magnums FTW!
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

ive a cheapo co2 crossman pistol i practice trigger control and sight picture often

User Info Menu

Airforce condor .25

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Bug-A-Salt is what I roll with everyday on the dog ''Droppings''

I've advanced enough that I hip shoot the fly's with at least a 75% kill ratio !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am currently without an air rifle range @ home. I did have one & used it. I will replace it first chance I get. One aspect is you can rack up a lot of very short sessions. One of my usual modes was to shoot a 5 or 10 shot string several times a day. I suggest a trap that is movable. Mine was about 2' x 2' so kids/newbs had plenty of backstop or up to 4 people could shoot on it at once. Having a guest over to shoot was fun too.

6000 shots in 6 months in 1 position at minimal expense. No range fees or travel and very little time needed. In addition to very short sessions I would sometimes put in longer sessions. No big deal to shoot over 1K in pellets a month. So $10 depending on the pellet. The is doable with CF but not at the same price or convenience.

Sheridan 5mm Silver Streak was primary air rifle. I then got Refurbished Daisy 853's. Great gun for the money. I leave 1 scoped and 1 with irons.

At some point in the future I want to make the step up to the next level in the air rifle world AND add a pistol to the mix. PCP does interest me, but it is decent jump in gear.
    Last edited by Request Dust Off; June 17th, 2020 at 05:55 AM.

Blissfully Ignorant

User Info Menu

I shoot the AG’s much more. They’re cheaper to feed and I can shoot them in the shed.

Shooting springers using the *artillery hold* has made me a much better shot overall too.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh...