NOPD Evidence Room

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    So, what I’m hearing from most of these posts is, some of you agree that after you pass a background check and/or after you obtain a concealed carry permit, that you’re ok with them confiscating your firearm (which they cannot prove that you still own) at any time? Be careful what you wish for.

I had a gun stolen, reported it immediately, then 13 months later the local chief called me and asked if I was still missing a firearm, I said yes, verified the serial number and picked it up that afternoon. No questions asked. This was not in NOLA however. It should be treated as any other piece of stolen property. It’s not theirs. They are not transferring ownership to you.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So, what I’m hearing from most of these posts is, some of you agree that after you pass a background check and/or after you obtain a concealed carry permit, that you’re ok with them confiscating your firearm (which they cannot prove that you still own) at any time? Be careful what you wish for.

I had a gun stolen, reported it immediately, then 13 months later the local chief called me and asked if I was still missing a firearm, I said yes, verified the serial number and picked it up that afternoon. No questions asked. This was not in NOLA however. It should be treated as any other piece of stolen property. It’s not theirs. They are not transferring ownership to you.

They confiscated the firearm from the criminal who had it in their possession. I'm fine with that. But nobody said anything about confiscating the firearm at any time. That's a strawman argument.

In your case, it looks like the agency who returned the firearm is also the agency with whom the report was initially filed. In the case of the OP, the agency who found the gun is different from the agency whose evidence room the firearm was stored and even different than the agency that took the initial report.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    Someone always has some horror story about (N)ot (O)ur (P)roblem, (D)ude. It's a shame, because I know some stellar guys that work for them, but they do seem to have more than their fair share of disappointments. To carry on professionally amidst that environment speaks volumes for the ones that put in the good work every day.
    I thought the same thing. How the NOPD isn't demoralized enough to just quit, en masse, is a miracle. They have duties peculiar to New Orleans (Mardi Gras), dealing with moron politicians (Ya think the denizens of NO voted for LaToya Cantrelle because they thought she was Michael Jackson's sister?) and a host of things that all the $$$ in the world wouldn't be enough for me to join. That they do their jobs is very lucky for that city.

Gooser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    20200625_160527.jpg20200625_160552.jpg

Gooser

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    For some reason i can't add any more pics.. But i finally got it back. It looks ok but, it feels like someone poured syrup in the slide, racked it a few times, and let it sit on a shelf for 2 years.. it's not functional right now but im about to do some work on it.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    If they're still around, Bowie Outfitters on Perkins Road worked miracles on a friend of mine's Katrina damaged guns.

But an XD is simple to breakdown. You can try spraying the heck out of it with Gunscrubber. Use short bursts. Be patient. Maybe use a small brush here and there; then clean and oil lightly like usual.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    I've cleaned an xd-s, not mine, that got so fuzzy it wouldn't cycle without serious effort. Carb cleaner, then rinsed with water, dried the slide in the toaster oven on warm, wiped the whole thing down with Lucas oil red for a thin coat, and oiled according to the manual.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Jim’s is expensive but good. Had my duty gun get left on the tarmac overnight in Colorado when my check bag missed the return flight. All showed up drenched. United paid to have my dry cleaning done, my boots serviced and cleaned, my pistol cleaned professionally and certified, and my duty ammo replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom