Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand

Marksman

User Info Menu

M1 Garand

I bought a new stock for my M1 Garand from CMP probably 5 or 6 years ago. The stock is not a one size fits all and needs to be customized for the rifle to fit properly. I am not brave enough to do it myself. Any recommendations for a gunsmith that does this type of work? I'd love to start shooting my M1 again. It's been a long time just sitting there.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I read this some back it may be of help.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....g+garand+stock

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    I bought a new stock for my M1 Garand from CMP probably 5 or 6 years ago. The stock is not a one size fits all and needs to be customized for the rifle to fit properly. I am not brave enough to do it myself. Any recommendations for a gunsmith that does this type of work? I'd love to start shooting my M1 again. It's been a long time just sitting there.
    Have you tried? I bought one around the same time for my woodless Dane and it was a press fit.
    Walther P5 > H&K P7

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

My 5-55 dated all #s correct CMP collector grade is very tight. Need a rubber hammer to get trigger group in.
    It is a like new gun..

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    Contact James Brossett at elicustom@centurylink.net

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CavalryJim View Post
    Have you tried? I bought one around the same time for my woodless Dane and it was a press fit.
    I did try. I was almost standing on the trigger guard.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It’s not hard. You just have to go slow. CMP forum should have a Few threads on it.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by john17427 View Post
    It’s not hard. You just have to go slow. CMP forum should have a Few threads on it.
    I posted one above. Als o tight is good. Or a t least that is what they say at CMP.
    Mine needs a rubber hammer bad but shoots better than I can.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    I posted one above. Als o tight is good. Or a t least that is what they say at CMP.
    Mine needs a rubber hammer bad but shoots better than I can.
    Mine is a good inch from latching and that is with all my body weight on the trigger guard.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I would try Mr John Thompson in Thibodaux military trained done two of mine 1(706)615-5303 Thank you David