Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M1 Garand

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    I did try. I was almost standing on the trigger guard.
    yep. that is a bit too tight.
    Walther P5 > H&K P7

Marksman

User Info Menu

Did you give him a call yet ?He might be at the Kenner Gunshow this Saturday at a table.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    My 5-55 dated all #s correct CMP collector grade is very tight. Need a rubber hammer to get trigger group in.
    It is a like new gun..
    That is how I finally got the trigger guard closed. One good smack with a rubber hammer.
    Last edited by flamatrix99; June 17th, 2020 at 01:18 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
    Did you give him a call yet ?He might be at the Kenner Gunshow this Saturday at a table.
    I did yes and he explained how to remove a little wood. Before I did that I was reading on the CMP forum again. They all said do not remove wood it needed a good smack with a rubber hammer. I was afraid I would break something but it worked. I read the wood needs time to compress and it shouldn't be as hard again. I will leave it alone for a couple months then strip and clean before shooting it.
    Last edited by flamatrix99; June 17th, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Mr John Thompson I second him .His good

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMILEY View Post
    Mr John Thompson I second him .His good
    When i talked to him on the phone he was awesome. I would like to meet him one day. A friend sent his M1 to Orion 7 and had it all checked out pins and springs replaced. Anyone here ever use them?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Itís really not that hard to fit the stock. The problem with some of the new stocks is that they can be a little thick in places. I cleaned one up that was almost a quarter of an inch thicker on one side at the front of the stock.

I sent this rifle to Garand Guy last year to have it completely redone and a new barrel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D510B1B-CE46-42FB-816F-F7AFDBA967DF.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	96413

It came back looking pretty good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA9EE814-D6D7-4B49-9832-39A0A2CCEF5E.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	251.6 KB 
ID:	96414

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful rifle Candyman they did a damn good job on it. I really want to pick up a Garand but I try not to buy guns I know I won't shoot. It would be nice just to have a piece of American history though.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    That's a beautiful rifle Candyman they did a damn good job on it. I really want to pick up a Garand but I try not to buy guns I know I won't shoot. It would be nice just to have a piece of American history though.
    I’ve got three of them.