Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    enthusiast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    I have a GM22 can and I read not to US clean any coated parts or aluminum. That G-core is coated with something. Now the baffles on the HD 45 would be perfect. I scrubbed mine and it seemed to take forever.

"Aluminum: Do NOT use ultrasonic cleaners, harsh solvents, or steel brushes/picks. To avoid permanent damage, only use safe chemicals and brass or plastic utensils."
    I thought the sparrows monocore was stainless?
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I thought the sparrows monocore was stainless?
    It maybe.. I assumed it was Aluminum like the GM-22. You know what happens when you assume.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    AR BCG, stripped down. It makes cleaning a suppressed gun’s BCG much easier.

Never found a need for pistol parts, but it’s good for restoration projects.
    What do you use for a cleaner? I know there is no aluminum in a BCG but I used to think Simple Green was not harsh but I have read it does not like aluminum. If I screw up an AR BCG no biggie I can get another but I really don't want to screw up my M1A, FAL, Garand, SKS, ect..

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    What do you use for a cleaner? I know there is no aluminum in a BCG but I used to think Simple Green was not harsh but I have read it does not like aluminum. If I screw up an AR BCG no biggie I can get another but I really don't want to screw up my M1A, FAL, Garand, SKS, ect..
    Hornady One Shot is okay to use.
    Lucas Oil makes a solvent for ultrasonic cleaners.
    Everyone has their own mix of whatever they like to use, just be sure it’s designed for what you’re intending to do.

There is a specific Simple Green for Aluminum.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yea, never use an ultrasonic cleaner on aluminum. I heard not to use it on titanium as well for the same reason as aluminum.

For your stainless steel baffles, especially those covered in carbon and lead, ie. from .22lr or cast bullets, wet tumbling with stainless steel pins is the way to go.
    "Your" does not equal "You're", the contraction for "You are".

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

SSST

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I soak cans/guts in CLR.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I run Ballistol in mine because when the water dries it leaves behind a thin coat of oil.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.