Cargo Trailer suggestions.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    If you don't want to buy new, be ready to act fast on a used one, the ones that show up priced well don't last long at all around here.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    depending on your use, i recommend staying away from single axle. the capacity on the single axle enclosed trailers are typically around 1800 lbs max but realistically they are only good for 12-1500 lbs. You can really quickly over load them which causes the axle to touch the frame which at some point will start tearing things up. i had a 6x12 single axle which we used to store what we salvaged from our house after the 2016 flood which wasn't a whole lot but it was enough to allow the axle to to bang on the frame. i've actually read where folks upgrade the springs however the frame isn't built to hold up to that. the one i had very quickly went from bumping the frame to a spring perch being torn loose at the frame. i reinforced the frame rail and remounted the spring perch but i never could get comfortable with it after that. if your only intentions were to use it for tailgating or something where it won't be loaded down a single axle may be ok but if you have any intentions of hauling stuff in it go for the dual axle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom