Oh No! They've Killed Aunt Jemima

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "Nothing is more certainly written in the book of fate than that these people [blacks] are to be free. Nor is it less certain that the two races, equally free, cannot live in the same government. Nature, habit, opinion has drawn indelible lines of distinction between them."

-------Thomas Jefferson

The people made worse off by slavery were those who were enslaved. Their descendants would have been worse off today if born in Africa instead of America. Put differently, the terrible fate of their ancestors benefitted them."

-------Thomas Sowell

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wonder what the next Strawberry Festival poster will be.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Saw that... lol sad... they even taking down Christopher Columbus statue in br...

Probably for the best, Ole Chris was not a very stellar guy...

https://grist.org/politics/heres-the-real-story-of-columbus-that-people-prefer-to-ignore/

And he did not actually discover America, the vikings did that way before, and likely people got here via Siberia or even in boats from Asia. So telling kids that he "found" America and having a bunch of BS related to him is just some sort of Lie that our crap gov't is perpetrating for some reason.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Probably for the best, Ole Chris was not a very stellar guy...

https://grist.org/politics/heres-the-real-story-of-columbus-that-people-prefer-to-ignore/

And he did not actually discover America, the vikings did that way before, and likely people got here via Siberia or even in boats from Asia. So telling kids that he "found" America and having a bunch of BS related to him is just some sort of Lie that our crap gov't is perpetrating for some reason.

Neither was Andrew Jackson! I seriously can't wait till they dismantle and rename Jackson Square in New Orleans! It will serve them right! In fact, other than it being the most iconic image in all of New Orleans, what are the waiting for? Hypocrite phonies!

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I've been waiting for sommeone to tear down the old Aunt Jamima eating place on us61, over the last 30 years, every time she was repainted, she got lighter colored

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They want us to think that they are trying to correct racial injustice, but they are doing nothing more than *updating* a product during a shameless sales pitch.
    I have not purchased Aunt J for years. The *update* of the label art does make me want to buy it again.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Oh man that brings back memories. I ate there once when working in Natchez it was some good food. They had some kind of tea or lemonade there also that was addictive.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    What a time to be alive.

Attachments

• 9B232C91-7A19-4D54-9F98-A9EEAEDB8273.jpeg
      9B232C91-7A19-4D54-9F98-A9EEAEDB8273.jpeg
      40.2 KB · Views: 72

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There’s nothing positive about the attempts being made to delete history. It’s not about race relations or people being offended or being forced to relive slavery or the mistreatment of any race. It’s about how far a group of people can push the nation and how far they can make them bend. With every monument and flag they remove I lose a little more faith in humanity and grow a little more dead to any cause or cry from any other race. These people want what they can’t have, what they shouldn’t demand.
    There will be no complete reversal of those times. Whites will never be slaves and will never be sold into slavery by their own race. What can and will happen is retaliation, defense, ostracizing, abandonment and renewed persecution of those who are pushing this agenda. What can happen is a race war. We need to start refusing to bend. To draw the line. And turn a deaf ear to the rhetoric before it happens. We need to call out the race baiters and instigators of hate and expose them for what they are.
    This is going on in my hometown at this very moment. A rather large group of people who are fed up with the monument destruction is pledging to stand guard over a monument that another group is threatening to tear down. We shall see.

Top Bottom