ATF looking at pistol braces again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It has been a gray area since it's inception. Literally if 99% of the people buying it had zero intentions of every strapping it onto their forearm to shoot 1 handed, then I would say it's a work around a law. Regardless if the law should even exist is not an excuse to circumvent a law and blatantly come out with more and more braces that look even more stock like, and have adjustable LOP to shoulder.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It has been a gray area since it's inception. Literally if 99% of the people buying it had zero intentions of every strapping it onto their forearm to shoot 1 handed, then I would say it's a work around a law. Regardless if the law should even exist is not an excuse to circumvent a law and blatantly come out with more and more braces that look even more stock like, and have adjustable LOP to shoulder.

Yeah no doubt it’s a work-around, but isn’t it our patriotic duty to beat them at their own game.

They've been beaten but they refuse to admit it. They were outsmarted with the brace and the toothpaste is out the tube.

They could break the law and unilaterally screw the American people like with the bump-stocks but without the Orange man running interference I think they are stuck.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

They aren't circumventing the law. It's not a work around or a loophole in the law. They aren't covered by the law so they are legal. It's as simple as that.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    They aren't circumventing the law. It's not a work around or a loophole in the law. They aren't covered by the law so they are legal. It's as simple as that.

Agreed it’s not a loophole by definition. It’s a product with a legitimate advertised purpose (silly and near useless purpose), but just so happens can easily be ‘misused’ in a way that can create an end-run around a tyrannical and asinine law. All while using nanny approved equipment. It’s quite amusing to me. They will eventually come for them because governments rarely become less intrusive. It’s basic societal evolution. Eventually they will disarm use all and disband the police and there will be rainbows and unicorns and free love and plenty of food and money to go around. And since there will be no statues of anyone over the age of 25 there will be no racism or hatred of any kind.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Well said my friend!!!!

Agreed it’s not a loophole by definition. It’s a product with a legitimate advertised purpose (silly and near useless purpose), but just so happens can easily be ‘misused’ in a way that can create an end-run around a tyrannical and asinine law. All while using nanny approved equipment. It’s quite amusing to me. They will eventually come for them because governments rarely become less intrusive. It’s basic societal evolution. Eventually they will disarm use all and disband the police and there will be rainbows and unicorns and free love and plenty of food and money to go around. And since there will be no statues of anyone over the age of 25 there will be no racism or hatred of any kind.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    To the left it is just as useless as 30 round mags , vertical grips and hangy down thingys and you are right one day they will outlaw them all . The question is where do we stand ?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    To the left it is just as useless as 30 round mags , vertical grips and hangy down thingys and you are right one day they will outlaw them all . The question is where do we stand ?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
    If you tried to figure that out from the posts on this site, not too many willing to stand period. I hope that’s just a bad count.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    People have been letting the ATF get away with having way to much say so. Who are they to say what a legal citizen can and can not have? It's pretty ridiculous how much power they have been allowed to have.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Well if Biden becomes president and bans all weapons then I guess the Supreme court will have to step up this time and rule on the laws. I saw the other day where they decided to not hear any gun law cases this session...... I think the conservatives where upset when NY did the end around and revamped their law so it wouldn't go to the Supremes in case it created a precedent and hurt other liberal state gun laws.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It really won't matter once President Biden makes all AR's, AK's and mags over 10 rounds illegal.
    Well, that’s not gonna be the case in the next 4 years. We are looking at another Trump term. But the Democrats will use this next 4 years to groom the perfect candidate for 2024. Then it’s endgame pretty much.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Some people are speculating that they are looking at the shockwave. Bc it’s hard, and isn’t designed to be strapped onto your arm

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Some people are speculating that they are looking at the shockwave. Bc it’s hard, and isn’t designed to be strapped onto your arm
    I imagine they are looking at a lot of firearms, but there’s a problem there at the ATF. They’ve forgotten their place. I have a feeling they will be put in their place. When a ABC agency thinks they have the powers of Congress it’s time to put them back in their place. I think they’ve drawn too much attention to themselves at this point for any of it to just go away. I will stay tuned.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3738/0F289610-1819-437E-83F0-DF919D111B97_jpe-1471292.JPG
    0F289610-1819-437E-83F0-DF919D111B97_jpe-1471292.JPG

Top Bottom