ATF looking at pistol braces again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Who cares? It’s just a silly piece of plastic just like bump stocks. I say let them have them.
    Some say I only need 5 rounds so let them band higher capacity , others say I don't need a vertical grips so ban them . The problem is not as much the ATF as it is gun owners who will not stand together .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Over and over I keep seeing people say " braces are not being used properly because shooters are using both hands" Seriously !!! How many of those people shoot other pistols one handed ? It would be hard to find a training film that doesn't show the proper "70-30 " or whatever "proper " way to hold a hand gun . Maybe the ATF needs to crack down on those using two hands on pistols period . After all the definition is a gun designed and intended to be shot using one hand . ___

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Over and over I keep seeing people say " braces are not being used properly because shooters are using both hands" Seriously !!! How many of those people shoot other pistols one handed ? It would be hard to find a training film that doesn't show the proper "70-30 " or whatever "proper " way to hold a hand gun . Maybe the ATF needs to crack down on those using two hands on pistols period . After all the definition is a gun designed and intended to be shot using one hand . ___

Chuck Norris for one,John Wayne for another,Doc Holiday etc.
    It's just another silly plastic toy...Like that Bumpstock thingy,No one needs those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5A0H6PkqE

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Or maybe the ATF needs to choke on a cookie. When any agency thinks they have the right to tell me how to hold my firearm when I shoot it, we’ve reached a breaking point. I remember the hype with the braces early after they hit the market. The videos, all the people worried about committing a felony by shouldering a weapon on video and getting arrested by the ATF. If there’s one gun owner in this country who thinks the ATF has the power to dictate how you hold your firearm then they’ve been brainwashed. Somebody send the ATF that video of the armless guy shooting his pistol with his feet and see how long it takes them to write some more bogus laws that won’t hold up in court. Effing ridiculous.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Or maybe the ATF needs to choke on a cookie. When any agency thinks they have the right to tell me how to hold my firearm when I shoot it, we’ve reached a breaking point. I remember the hype with the braces early after they hit the market. The videos, all the people worried about committing a felony by shouldering a weapon on video and getting arrested by the ATF. If there’s one gun owner in this country who thinks the ATF has the power to dictate how you hold your firearm then they’ve been brainwashed. Somebody send the ATF that video of the armless guy shooting his pistol with his feet and see how long it takes them to write some more bogus laws that won’t hold up in court. Effing ridiculous.
    Agree 100% . what will the people on here against braces do when it is mandated people quit holding their hand gun with 2 hands because it was designed to be held with one . Maybe the ATF will force manufacturers to install a sharp point or ledge or something on the grip to keep us from using 2 hands .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Agree 100% . what will the people on here against braces do when it is mandated people quit holding their hand gun with 2 hands because it was designed to be held with one . Maybe the ATF will force manufacturers to install a sharp point or ledge or something on the grip to keep us from using 2 hands .

:rofl:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    The law is not complicated on" hangy down things " on pistols . It's a no on mono pod unless pistol is over 26" then it becomes a AOW . Very comprehensive and logical .

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well yeah, cuz that would be a monopod.. duh.

You can actually cross two poles using the hand loops to attach them and the grips become the rest. With some practice it’s a pretty solid. Stand by for visual aids.

Nevermind I guess the internet doesn’t want to work today. Every image was just a white square. :dunno:

Last edited:

chrisdcd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    anywhere
    Theses ATF “approved” braces can be legally shouldered abd shot without any worry of recourse from the ATF currently. All of this changed I. 2017-18. SB Tactical holds the monopoly on theses things for the most part, and I would imagine they played the largest role in getting these things approved. As long as the approved brace does not have a LOP longer than 13.5” from the center of the trigger to the end of the brace when it is fully extended, it’s completely legal to shoulder and shoot. If it does extend any further, SB makes special “stops” that can be inserted into the holes in the buffer tube to prevent from being extended too far. Personally, I’m not too worried about it. Why would they have approved it just to turn around and outlaw them again?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Theses ATF *approved* braces can be legally shouldered abd shot without any worry of recourse from the ATF currently. All of this changed I. 2017-18. SB Tactical holds the monopoly on theses things for the most part, and I would imagine they played the largest role in getting these things approved. As long as the approved brace does not have a LOP longer than 13.5* from the center of the trigger to the end of the brace when it is fully extended, it’s completely legal to shoulder and shoot. If it does extend any further, SB makes special *stops* that can be inserted into the holes in the buffer tube to prevent from being extended too far. Personally, I’m not too worried about it. Why would they have approved it just to turn around and outlaw them again?

Well gun sales until recently were suffering the Trump Slump, so... ‘their gunna take yer guns’.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    Or maybe the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...

Too late! The government has been violating the 2nd amendment since 1934 with the 1st gun control laws it passed and power hungry politicians, judges and institutions like the ATF are constantly trying to implement more by reinterpreting, mis-interpretating and mis-representating the words of the Constitution. That goes for all of our God-given Rights.

Top Bottom