Atlanta Police Walkout

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It is being reported that multiple shifts within the Atlanta Police Department have walked off the job tonight, calls are pending, and the PD is begging surrounding agencies for help.

Well, I guess 2020 continues its rampage.

The animals will see what it's like to have no police.

103966355_3139323502799935_4394918896522189648_n.jpg

104940138_10106163090259703_998063033000729173_o.jpg

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I watched that video like 10 times and the thug stole the weapon, hit the officers, and then turned around to shoot the officers. I thought this was justified. Are they watching the same video? What happened to due process? I don't blame the officers.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Can you blame them? 11 charges along with murder being one of them, for in any other instance this would be a good shoot. The city isn’t standing up for its own. They are giving into the mob and I wouldn’t want to be another victim of this mob mentality

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Can you blame them? 11 charges along with murder being one of them, for in any other instance this would be a good shoot. The city isn’t standing up for its own. They are giving into the mob and I wouldn’t want to be another victim of this mob mentality

Nope I can’t. It just sucks to think what it might take to restore law and order in some of these places when the public says enough is enough.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Nope I can’t. It just sucks to think what it might take to restore law and order in some of these places when the public says enough is enough.

If it comes to it. It’s going to be the war for the ages. Far left extremist, liberals, and minorities with authoritarian issues against the silent majority, working class and middle class. No one wanted a war on domestic land, but yet here we are, on the brink of total chaos, and it’s going to take a revolution to turn this thing around.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If it comes to it. It’s going to be the war for the ages. Far left extremist, liberals, and minorities with authoritarian issues against the silent majority, working class and middle class. No one wanted a war on domestic land, but yet here we are, on the brink of total chaos, and it’s going to take a revolution to turn this thing around.

There are tons of people who want a war on our soil. And there are those on our soil ( and abroad) who are already at war with us.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Brooks was running away and shot in the back after turning to use the taser (while still running away).

Personally, I think that the officers that were there had better options than shooting. They lost control of the situation and should have requested additional help.

Instead, after getting in over their head, they continued escalation and ended up shooting a guy at what looked to be 15 feet away while running away.

Was the guy guilty? Likely? Did he help create the condition that got himself killed? Yes. Did he deserve to get killed for the crimes concerned? No.

Was the shoot legal? I'd imagine that it is, but I don't know Georgia laws. It was a poor decision that probably deserved disciplinary action.

As far as the Atlanta Blue Flu, I kinda think someone is just fanning those flames. While I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few cases, I have yet to read a real news source saying that it's a big deal. We'll see.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Good deal,Alienate the police,Stab them in the back,Back up the criminals,The police walk off the job.

That's how its supposed to work.

Unfortunately that’s just what the officials are doing to the police. Just give them a taste of what they want. No police for a few days. I guess that would be a union or a individual decision. It’s an election year and the left has made up another disaster they will exploit.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Brooks was running away and shot in the back after turning to use the taser (while still running away).

Personally, I think that the officers that were there had better options than shooting. They lost control of the situation and should have requested additional help.

Instead, after getting in over their head, they continued escalation and ended up shooting a guy at what looked to be 15 feet away while running away.

Was the guy guilty? Likely? Did he help create the condition that got himself killed? Yes. Did he deserve to get killed for the crimes concerned? No.

Was the shoot legal? I'd imagine that it is, but I don't know Georgia laws. It was a poor decision that probably deserved disciplinary action.

As far as the Atlanta Blue Flu, I kinda think someone is just fanning those flames. While I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few cases, I have yet to read a real news source saying that it's a big deal. We'll see.

This is a stupid argument. People who are killed by the police are not killed for the crimes concerned. They are killed because they escalate the situation to the point where the officer feels his life is in danger. In this case, he was killed because he pointed what the DA views as a dangerous weapon at the officers.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This is a stupid argument. People who are killed by the police are not killed for the crimes concerned. They are killed because they escalate the situation to the point where the officer feels his life is in danger. In this case, he was killed because he pointed what the DA views as a dangerous weapon at the officers.

The police in this case could have made better decisions that would result in a better outcome.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Agree wholeheartedly!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

This is the causation of the lunacy, but is not the objective of the responses to it. I doubt there are persons with nominal intelligence that sincerely believe this was some type of murder! Morons that do believe this, or even those morons that sincerely don't but want these cops strung up anyway want no consequences for any crimes committed by blacks.

Black man driving under the influence? Let him walk to his sister's house!

This country is awash with F'n idiots!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    The police in this case could have made better decisions that would result in a better outcome.

Yes in hindsight and from the safety of sitting on your couch they could have made better choices. In the heat of the moment with a weapon capable of incapacitating you then maybe they did make the right decision.

There needs to be some onus on the person breaking the law to make better decisions also. If the suspect hadn't escalated to fighting and then stealing the officer's taser none of this would be on the news either. And as to his primary choice to drink and drive he shouldn't have driven he should have either stayed where he was or gotten an Uber/Lyft many wrong choices were made that night.

Now I do think the officer went over the line when he kicked the guy after he shot him which should be prosecuted but as far as I know the GBI hasn't finished their investigation either so the DA is just pandering right now.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

When looking back at any situation, most people can find a better way to do something. That's why the reasonableness standard doesn't include hindsight. It looks at the information available at the time the decision was made.

Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    This is the causation of the lunacy, but is not the objective of the responses to it. I doubt there are persons with nominal intelligence that sincerely believe this was some type of murder! Morons that do believe this, or even those morons that sincerely don't but want these cops strung up anyway want no consequences for any crimes committed by blacks.

Black man driving under the influence? Let him walk to his sister's house!

This country is awash with F'n idiots!

They should have let him walk to his sister's house, so that he could live, and they can still charge the cop with some other crime after this guy does the same thing and kills someone a month from now. I'd be willing to bet the same MADD mothers that would sue this officer had he let the guy go , and the guy killed someone a month from now. Are some of the very people not so peacefully protesting his death right now. Cake and eat it to, that's what I want because I am an entitled society.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    When looking back at any situation, most people can find a better way to do something. That's why the reasonableness standard doesn't include hindsight. It looks at the information available at the time the decision was made.

You mean why the GBI is performing a full investigation, but the DA decided to shoot from the hip?

Top Bottom