Atlanta Police Walkout

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    They should have let him walk to his sister's house, so that he could live, and they can still charge the cop with some other crime after this guy does the same thing and kills someone a month from now. I'd be willing to bet the same MADD mothers that would sue this officer had he let the guy go , and the guy killed someone a month from now. Are some of the very people not so peacefully protesting his death right now. Cake and eat it to, that's what I want because I am an entitled society.

I don't know. Some of those MADD people are really militaristic in their thinking about DUI. If this dead guy was a habitual DUI offender it wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of the MADD people are actually glad he's off the street! Albeit to themselves!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You mean why the GBI is performing a full investigation, but the DA decided to shoot from the hip?

And, the corrupt and phony media went out of their way to make sure EVERYONE knows this cop could get the death penalty if found guilty!

Is anyone else in America wondering how these corrupt organizations still have anybody watching or reading the BS they spew constantly?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You mean why the GBI is performing a full investigation, but the DA decided to shoot from the hip?

One is a police agency looking for facts. The other made a political decision designed to appease the mob. Unfortunately, the latter never works. The mob always wants more.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    One is a police agency looking for facts. The other made a political decision designed to appease the mob. Unfortunately, the latter never works. The mob always wants more.

And the morons that side with the mob don't realize that. They think they can give them what they want and they will be satisfied, but we all know that's a lie.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    And the morons that side with the mob don't realize that. They think they can give them what they want and they will be satisfied, but we all know that's a lie.

It just empowers them to demand more .

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

The idiots in CHAZ or CHOP have already proven you right the police cleared out and allowed a precinct to be burned and ransacked but instead of being happy with the victory they were emboldened enough to take 6 block hostage. Bully’s never responded well to appeasement.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Huh? Links?

Wasn't hard, I just Googled what I posted.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/18/devin-brosnan-suffered-concussion-during-rayshard-brooks-altercation-lawyer/
    Atlanta police officer Devin Brosnan suffered a concussion and other injuries during the altercation that led to the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks, the cop’s attorney said in a televised interview.

*Devin ends up taking out his Taser and yelling at him to ‘stop fighting, stop fighting,’* Don Samuel told CNN’s Chris Cuomo on Wednesday night. *Mr. Brooks grabbed the Taser from him and shoots … Devin gets shot with the Taser.*

The lawyer added: *He then falls over and lands on his head on the pavement and gets a concussion.*

scoutgunner

Premium Member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Houma, LA
    If it comes to it. It’s going to be the war for the ages. Far left extremist, liberals, and minorities with authoritarian issues against the silent majority, working class and middle class. No one wanted a war on domestic land, but yet here we are, on the brink of total chaos, and it’s going to take a revolution to turn this thing around.
    I’m a fat one-legged old Vietnam combat Veteran and I figured this revolution has been a long time coming. I’m ready and my scooter is all charged up and ready. Just have to visit our nearby NG armory for an M-60 and linked ammo......
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon...

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I’m a fat one-legged old Vietnam combat Veteran and I figured this revolution has been a long time coming. I’m ready and my scooter is all charged up and ready. Just have to visit our nearby NG armory for an M-60 and linked ammo......
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon...

This made me smile. Thanks for your service!

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Brooks was running away and shot in the back after turning to use the taser (while still running away).

Personally, I think that the officers that were there had better options than shooting. They lost control of the situation and should have requested additional help.

Instead, after getting in over their head, they continued escalation and ended up shooting a guy at what looked to be 15 feet away while running away.

Was the guy guilty? Likely? Did he help create the condition that got himself killed? Yes. Did he deserve to get killed for the crimes concerned? No.

Was the shoot legal? I'd imagine that it is, but I don't know Georgia laws. It was a poor decision that probably deserved disciplinary action.

As far as the Atlanta Blue Flu, I kinda think someone is just fanning those flames. While I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few cases, I have yet to read a real news source saying that it's a big deal. We'll see.
    All they did was go to place him under arrest for DUI, rightfully so, and in literally 5 seconds he knocked both officers to the ground, threw a flurry of punches, actually giving one officer a concussion, stole a police taser, fired it at them, and started making off, then turned and attempted to fire the taser at the pursuing officer. How could the police possibly have handled it better? Would you prefer the officer try to steal his taser back so he could taser brooks instead of having to shoot him? Would you prefer to see the officer tased by a drunk driver? Maybe the officer could have run in a zig zag pattern to avoid the incoming taser fire, while trying to calmly convince him to surrender? Maybe the officer could have simply counted the taser shots being fired at himself while he was getting beat up by the criminal, that way he would have known the criminal already exhausted his ammo shooting at him! Right? If a criminal shoots a taser at you twice he's no longer a threat because he ran out of ammo. Standard police training... Elementary Even. Right? Seriously, what would you have them do in this situation? how many times does an officer have to get concussed and tased by a suspect before they can use lethal force? Lets say he kept chasing brooks, caught him without getting tased, and started getting beat up again. Would you let the cop shoot the bad guy then?

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Another thing to get off my chest. George Floyd was removed from the drivers seat of a vehicle on Meth and Phentanyl and no one is talking about how bad it was the he was Driving under the influence of that. Unless you think, he was sober while driving to that spot, then shot up and smoked or whatever right there in his vehicle on the side of the street, after removing his keys from the ignition. And now this Brooks guy, Am I the only one who remembers how serious of a crime DUI is? I'm no MADD but seriously? It kills thousands of people a year. I do, and I am sure every single person on this board can name someone who had died from drunk driving. It might actually be the worst problem in this country, thousands a year. Both Brooks and Floyd showed complete and utter disregard for their own lives, as well as the lives of their fellow citizens when they chose to drink and drive, they'd rather risk everyone elses life than pay a cab. or just not get f**'d up. I used to drink and drive all the time when I stupid kid, had one close call with LE and learned my lesson young. We can all agree that no one should do that. Seriously.

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    These people cant win power through elections so they are trying to overthrow the government through intimidation. Same thing the Taliban is doing in the middle east. Destroy monuments that don't fit your agenda. Cause social unrest. Domestic terrorist are all they are and should be dealt with accordingly.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    These people cant win power through elections so they are trying to overthrow the government through intimidation. Same thing the Taliban is doing in the middle east. Destroy monuments that don't fit your agenda. Cause social unrest. Domestic terrorist are all they are and should be dealt with accordingly.

Yep

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Oh, these routine DUI's.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/PoliceCompilations/videos/traffic-stop-for-dwi-gone-horribly-wrong/218137695956779/[/video]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom