Baton Rouge Police Supplies, Cortana Place

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't buy impulsively, I knew what I was looking for when I walked in. My bad was I didn't take into account the height of my 40 round magazines, and how unstable they would feel on my belt. Something I learned when I got home and tried it out. I can't say I do a lot of returning myself, but as you stated, I almost never return to a store... Almost being the key word, it happens unless you happen to be prefect like some of you are stating. Again, I didn't change my mind, the item didn't work for me, which sometimes you find out when you get home and try it on. Most businesses will work with customers to be sure they are happy and want the return business. Like is said above, if your ok with their service, keep going back. I'm sure they could care less if I come back or not, I've only been in there several times before.

I've bought at least a half a dozen guns from BRPS, and some other junk to fill out my shooting bag. I've never had anything but good experiences at the store, and the staff have been very helpful to me despite my not being an LEO. I've never tried to return something there, but in fairness I almost never return things to a store. I don't typically buy things impulsively and I tend to research stuff to death, so I usually know exactly what I'm getting long before my wallet comes out. And from my perspective, it's not a store's job to accommodate my changing my mind.

That said, I'll happily keep going there. Other peoples' mileage may vary and that's fine.

Mike

aceinyerface

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I’ve known Don Hogan since ‘95. He is good people. He doesn’t suffer fools, nor should he have to. Last time I bought a Blue label, he was under the recommended price.

Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Look I get it, he's a friend of yours and your sticking up for him. But that doesn't change the fact; if you buy something from that store you better not want to return, because your stuck with it or you may have to swap it out for something you don't need.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I’ve known Don Hogan since ‘95. He is good people. He doesn’t suffer fools, nor should he have to. Last time I bought a Blue label, he was under the recommended price.

Then you remember his nice family members when they were in the building on Florida Boulevard.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Nice, what was the price? I’d love to know how he’s under blue label, and I’m sure Glock would as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I remember when he gave gift certificates out at a charity motorcycle competition and then limited the recipients on what they could use it towards.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I also remember when we got screwed out of buying our duty weapons. Short story is this, we got new glocks and put tags on our old glocks with our employee number if we wanted to buy them. I went to get mine from BRPS and was told that I couldnt purchase it. I was told someone messed up and scribbled over the numbers with a permanent marker. When I told them I wrote mine with a ball point pen and could just hold it up to the light and see the numbers, I was told they were sold. It didn’t sit right with me at all. We have not had that problem with any other FFL.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Nice, what was the price? I’d love to know how he’s under blue label, and I’m sure Glock would as well.

I do not think BRPS would ever sell a BL Glock for less than BL price.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I also remember when we got screwed out of buying our duty weapons. Short story is this, we got new glocks and put tags on our old glocks with our employee number if we wanted to buy them. I went to get mine from BRPS and was told that I couldnt purchase it. I was told someone messed up and scribbled over the numbers with a permanent marker. When I told them I wrote mine with a ball point pen and could just hold it up to the light and see the numbers, I was told they were sold. It didn’t sit right with me at all. We have not had that problem with any other FFL.

Barneys at that time would have charged you a small amount over allowed price plus tax.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Went to Practical Tactical today.

WONDERFUL place; WONDERFUL people.

It would be well worth anyone’s time if they are in the Greater BTR Metro Area.

1e51ac93ad3ba638a786d2307e98e94e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twoball701

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2016
    Hammond, LA
    As stated earlier their business is primarily LEO and they are 1 of 4 Glock LEO BL Distributors in Louisiana.
    One in New Orleans, one in Lafayette and now 2 in Baton Rouge.
    Corrected because I forgot and was reminded by topgunz1 about the new BL Distributor in Baton Rouge.
    He had to have some stroke with Glock to pull that off.

If New Orleans you're talking about is Barney's in Metairie....they are no longer a Glock LEO BL Distributor......Barney's chose Sig

Top Bottom