Baton Rouge Police Supplies, Cortana Place

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I purchased an AR Magazine Belt Clip from this place yesterday. When I got it home I realized it would not for the application I had intended. I went back to the store to return the items and was informed that they do not except returns, and my only options was to exchange or take a store credit. At that point I was a little on the angry side and told the guy behind the counter that I would find something of equal value to replace the items so I would not ever have to return to this store again, and that I would recommend to anyone I know what a crappy place this is to do business. Then to make it worse, the little smart ass said he did not care, and do what I need to do!! Like I told that little ******* at the store, I will never go back to this store!

Last edited:

Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs
    So you got mad, because they would not return merchandise you purchased for a purpose you thought it would serve? Then because they have that policy it makes them a bad place to do business? You should have bought the **** from walmart... Small businesses have a hard enough time competing as it is. I have a no return policy at my store as well. I got tired of people spending hundreds of dollars on vanity items on Friday, and trying to return them on Monday after the weekend. Or a guy buying a tool using it for one job, then trying to return it and believe me they do. I've been doing business with them for a lot of years with little to no problem.

If I let the public run my business, I won't be in business very long. Didn't take long for me to learn that. At least if I go out of business because I'm an *******, it will be on my terms. Sorry to hear about your experience.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    With the whole COVID thing, I am surprised they were even willing to exchange it for you. Many stores aren't accepting returns at all.

I also agree with JLong - I don't see a problem with the store offering store credit or an even exchange. That seems fair. Personally, I wouldn't want to buy anything from a gun store if there was a risk that it had been bought and previously returned. If I am buying something that's new, I want it to be truly new and not bought and then returned.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Wow!

Business must be BOOMING for him, hunh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have a waiting list and are selling faster than they can get stock like almost everyone in the Nation selling Firearms and Ammunition.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I bought my first Sig from them back in the late 90's and the G19 I carry daily came from them. I have a gotten a Spyderco and a couple Streamlights from them. They are not too friendly sometimes. I don't know their return policy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I bought my first Sig from them back in the late 90's and the G19 I carry daily came from them. I have a gotten a Spyderco and a couple Streamlights from them. They are not too friendly sometimes. I don't know their return policy.

They mostly cater to police and aren't too keen on helping non-cops from my experiences with them. I personally don't shop there and likely won't again.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m here nor there with the policy thing, but I gotta deduct points for the attitude. I’m not one to get disgruntled in a place of business unless there’s been some obvious wrong done and no attempt to remedy the wrong. That being said, if the guy got nasty with you after your display, that shows poor attitude on his part and reason enough for me to stay away from there. I’d venture to say they saw you as a two bit nit picking cheap skate that was barely supporting them to begin with and therefore they feel comfortable losing your business. Still poor business practice on their part. I used to regularly visit and support a local business near me and spent a few thousand bucks there over a couple years. I had a couple instances where I was treated wrongly when I wasn’t asking for anything special, got burned on a firearm transfer in that they made it all but impossible for me to return the firearm that I had shipped there, and there were times that I was out and out ignored by the staff when I actually intended to make a purchase, unlike the big talker that they were catering to for a half hour who bought nothing. It got to where I had to dodge one employee to keep my temper in check, and look for the one guy who ever treated me like a person every time I walked in and I never walked in without fully intending to make a purchase. Aside from just standing there and gritting my teeth, I didn’t react to the crappy treatment. I just walked out and never went back. Best guess, I figure I spent $3-5k per year in that shop. They obviously don’t need it and it’s not my job to point out their failures.
    Baton Rouge Police Supply has been around a long time and even though I’ve heard the name over and over for the past few decades, I’ve never stopped by.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    1. The policy was put in place prior to your purchase.
    2. You should have asked about their policy prior to purchasing if you were unsure of what you were buying.

That being said, they don't typically offer many sales and they are well out of the way for me, so I choose to shop elsewhere.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As stated earlier their business is primarily LEO and they are 1 of 4 Glock LEO BL Distributors in Louisiana.
    One in New Orleans, one in Lafayette and now 2 in Baton Rouge.
    Corrected because I forgot and was reminded by topgunz1 about the new BL Distributor in Baton Rouge.
    He had to have some stroke with Glock to pull that off.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    As stated earlier their business is primarily LEO and they are 1 of 3 Glock LEO BL Distributors in Louisiana.
    One in New Orleans, One in Baton Rouge and one in Lafayette.

Practical Tactical in BR on Industriplex does blue label Glocks as well. I always heard Glock wouldn't add any more, but he managed it somehow, at least as of a few months ago when I was last in there. Nice folks.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just to make sure I got the sequence of events correct:

1. You bought an item.
    2. The item would not work.
    3. You went to return the item.
    4. They said no returns but you can exchange or get store credit.
    5. You said you would exchange so you would never have to come back.
    6. You said you would tell everyone it was a crappy place to do business.
    7. They said do what you need to do.

It doesn't sound like the guy at the store was the *******. It sounds like you were mad at their return policy and you escalated the situation. You bought what they would likely consider a small ticket item and you threatened to not go back and to give them a bad review because they adhered to their return policy. At that point, they certainly have no incentive to be nice to you.

I'm trying to figure out your gripe. Are you mad because you didn't know their return policy? Or are you mad because they weren't bothered by your threats?

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I purchased a Beretta PX4 for my son from them. They were cheaper than Jim's and the process was easy. I dealt with the older gentleman and had no complaints. Your mileage may vary.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Practical Tactical in BR on Industriplex does blue label Glocks as well. I always heard Glock wouldn't add any more, but he managed it somehow, at least as of a few months ago when I was last in there. Nice folks.

I recently heard about them and forgot to list them.
    I had always heard Don would be the only BL Glock Distributor in Baton Rouge.
    Will correct my post.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I recently heard about them and forgot to list them.
    I had always heard Don would be the only BL Glock Distributor in Baton Rouge.
    Will correct my post.

When I got my Sig from them years ago they were the Sig people. When I saw that they went Glock I thought oh now that Sid was running EBRSO maybe that had something to do with it since Baker PD was the first I knew that had Glocks.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They mostly cater to police and aren't too keen on helping non-cops from my experiences with them. I personally don't shop there and likely won't again.

Most of the time they aren’t too keen on helping cops either. They knew they were the only blue label dealer around so everyone had to deal with it. Nothing like having a 21 year old reserve/non-officer telling me what I am wanting is not what I should be using . Now there is practical tactical, they have been very pleasant in dealing with them on my last 2 glock purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA

Had the same experience the one time i attempted to shop there. Intended to purchase multiple g26 mags and pierce base plates. They were uninterested in assisting me in making a purchase so i went home and ordered them at a lower cost. I'm all for the support local when the local folks are worth supporting. There is a particular gun shop in denham springs which was recently charging $24.99 for a box of 50 9mm tula, i refuse to support that. I will however give a plug for Pelican Pawn in denham. They have a smaller selection in store over all but they have always been friendly and will order anything you want at a fair price. I've made multiple purchases through them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Had the same experience the one time i attempted to shop there. Intended to purchase multiple g26 mags and pierce base plates. They were uninterested in assisting me in making a purchase so i went home and ordered them at a lower cost. I'm all for the support local when the local folks are worth supporting. There is a particular gun shop in denham springs which was recently charging $24.99 for a box of 50 9mm tula, i refuse to support that. I will however give a plug for Pelican Pawn in denham. They have a smaller selection in store over all but they have always been friendly and will order anything you want at a fair price. I've made multiple purchases through them.

I'm with you. I am all about paying a bit extra to support good people and good businesses. At the same time though, even though I don't think BR Police Supply falls into the 'good business' category, I certainly won't bash them because they stood by their return policy.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Since this is the internet I’ll throw in my $.02.

I don’t like dealing with stores who don’t return and refund consumer items. Since most places will return nearly anything unused or defective I could see how it would catch a guy off guard too. If they made their policy visible and easily ascertained at purchase it’s the buyers F-up if not, then it’s not a place I would be willing to deal with again if it were me.

All that said, a wise man once told me it doesn’t cost you anything to be nice. And that cuts both ways.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom