Baton Rouge Police Supplies, Cortana Place

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If New Orleans you're talking about is Barney's in Metairie....they are no longer a Glock LEO BL Distributor......Barney's chose Sig

I did not see the New Orleans Store listed under Louisiana Sig Dealers on the Sig website earlier this year.

Major

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    Does anyone know where in town I can get an AR stock wrench aka armorer's wrench? I've called just about every gun shop in Baton Rouge and no one has any in stock!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Is it a true blue label or does it have a slight markup? I bought one a good while ago from there but can’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interstate is a Sub Blue Label Dealer who purchases their Glocks from a Distributor and they sell for a little more than Glocks from a Blue Label Distributor such as Baton Rouge Police Supply who receive their Glocks directly from Glock INC.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If New Orleans you're talking about is Barney's in Metairie....they are no longer a Glock LEO BL Distributor......Barney's chose Sig

I contacted Barneys in Lafayette and they quoted Glock Prices for a local LEA last year.

Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    A little reminder what this post is about:
    I purchased an AR Magazine Belt Clip from this LAPS. When I got it home I realized it would not for the application I had intended. My mistake was I didn't take into account the height of my 40 round magazines, and how unstable they would feel on my belt, Something I didn’t learn until I got home and tried it out… That happens sometimes.
    I went back to the store to return the items and was informed that THEY DO NOT EXCEPT RETURNS! And with bad attitude, I was told my only options was to exchange or take a store credit. There was nothing else I didn’t already have or needed in their store. After I said I would not be returning to the store, the little smart ass said he did not care, and do what I need to do!!
    By starting this post, I just wanted to share what I thought was a bad policy so that someone didn't find themselves in the same place.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I purchased an AR Magazine Belt Clip from this place yesterday. When I got it home I realized it would not for the application I had intended. I went back to the store to return the items and was informed that they do not except returns, and my only options was to exchange or take a store credit. At that point I was a little on the angry side and told the guy behind the counter that I would find something of equal value to replace the items so I would not ever have to return to this store again, and that I would recommend to anyone I know what a crappy place this is to do business. Then to make it worse, the little smart ass said he did not care, and do what I need to do!! Like I told that little ******* at the store, I will never go back to this store!

A little reminder what this post is about:
    I purchased an AR Magazine Belt Clip from this LAPS. When I got it home I realized it would not for the application I had intended. My mistake was I didn't take into account the height of my 40 round magazines, and how unstable they would feel on my belt, Something I didn’t learn until I got home and tried it out… That happens sometimes.
    I went back to the store to return the items and was informed that THEY DO NOT EXCEPT RETURNS! And with bad attitude, I was told my only options was to exchange or take a store credit. There was nothing else I didn’t already have or needed in their store. After I said I would not be returning to the store, the little smart ass said he did not care, and do what I need to do!!
    By starting this post, I just wanted to share what I thought was a bad policy so that someone didn't find themselves in the same place.

Yes...you made a mistake and then escalated the situation when you got upset the store's long standing policy didn't list your feelings as an exception. We remember.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Interstate is a Sub Blue Label Dealer who purchases their Glocks from a Distributor and they sell for a little more than Glocks from a Blue Label Distributor such as Baton Rouge Police Supply who receive their Glocks directly from Glock INC.

We will be doing this shortly. Im in the final stages of getting it set up with Glock.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Yes...you made a mistake and then escalated the situation when you got upset the store's long standing policy didn't list your feelings as an exception. We remember.
    Do you shop there often? Most often they act like they don’t give a ****.
    There are many BRPD Officers that won’t shop there. A few years ago when BRPD went from the Gen3 Glock 17s to the Gen4, Baton Rouge Police Supply got the deal. As always the officers have the option to buy the gun they carried. Most often this is done at the time they are turned in.
    Baton Rouge Police Supply advised the officer that they would have to come buy the store at a later date to purchase their gun, and they would hold their guns for them. The office that wanted to buy their gun filled out a tag that was attached to their gun.
    Baton Rouge Police Supply then put the guns on sale for the same price the officer were Going to be allowed to buy them for. They sold out of the guns they had for sale, then started selling the guns that were on hold for the officers.
    I know a few people that bought some of the guns. A few of them said that when the sales clerk open the gun box, if it was tagged for an officer, they just pulled the tag off and threw it away.

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I've been going there since they were at the old location and selling DA/SA Sigs. I've also bought numerous blue label Glocks from them. They've been courteous if no-nonsense and have installed night sights on the spot each time. I have no complaints about them. Only personal experience from one LEO customer.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    There are many BRPD Officers that won’t shop there. A few years ago when BRPD went from the Gen3 Glock 17s to the Gen4, Baton Rouge Police Supply got the deal. As always the officers have the option to buy the gun they carried. Most often this is done at the time they are turned in.
    Baton Rouge Police Supply advised the officer that they would have to come buy the store at a later date to purchase their gun, and they would hold their guns for them. The office that wanted to buy their gun filled out a tag that was attached to their gun.
    Baton Rouge Police Supply then put the guns on sale for the same price the officer were Going to be allowed to buy them for. They sold out of the guns they had for sale, then started selling the guns that were on hold for the officers.
    I know a few people that bought some of the guns. A few of them said that when the sales clerk open the gun box, if it was tagged for an officer, they just pulled the tag off and threw it away.

BINGO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I'm good with that, Ya'll are going to keep going to that ripoff hole anyway, but I want to let the others know what their policy is, and not let ya'll keep it this going like this post is saying it's good place to shop.
    Why don't ya Just let this post die

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

No, I don't shop there often. I go there when I want a blue label glock and when I need something sooner than if I would get it if I had ordered it. I rarely go in there just to browse. My experience with the employees has been anywhere from nice to ignoring me. I already knew that store policy even though I've never tried to return anything there. Either an employee said something on it's written on the receipt or there's a sign. I don't remember because I don't go in there often. The posts in this thread are all over the board. Some people have had nothing but positive experiences and some have had nothing but negative experiences. Selling an officer's spoken for duty weapon is a crappy thing to do. Having an "exchange only" return policy is not. It's not an uncommon thing, especially with local only stores. But getting angry because the store won't make an exception to their not-secret store policy is on the customer. In this case, it's tough to blame the employee for his reaction to the customer. The customer was mad at the not-secret policy and was threatening to tell others about the experience. The employee was left with basically three choices: 1) violate the store policy and set a precedent that all you need to do is get mad to get your way; 2) apologize profusely without going against the policy; or 3) not care if the customer told others because the customer would likely tell others about the experience unless the store violated their policy. What would you do?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Well I went and picked up my Blue Label G43x today at Practical Tactical. I called them last week to see if they had any BL G43x in stock. They said no they only had 3 that people we supposed to come and pick up. And to call back Fri at 4pm and if those haven't been sold I could get one. Well I called and those folks had picked theirs up. They took my name and said they were supposed to get some this week. Well they called today (Tues.) I took off with my DL, CHP and DD214 and picked up my G43x.
    It's a very nice and clean store and the people were great. Everyone was so nice unlike another store that has Blue Label Glocks in the area.

I will definitely shop there again.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm good with that, Ya'll are going to keep going to that ripoff hole anyway, but I want to let the others know what their policy is, and not let ya'll keep it this going like this post is saying it's good place to shop.
    Why don't ya Just let this post die

Yes, thanks for the PSA. In case anyone is unclear, below is a picture of the sign at the register that shows their return policy. If you happen to miss the 4 foot tall sign, they also give you a mobile version to read when you get home.

z71afbwbz4qxldnxqai.jpg

at47uf53k1epg5xhppqp.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom