Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    As stated earlier their business is primarily LEO and they are 1 of 3 Glock LEO BL Distributors in Louisiana.
    One in New Orleans, One in Baton Rouge and one in Lafayette.
    Practical Tactical in BR on Industriplex does blue label Glocks as well. I always heard Glock wouldn't add any more, but he managed it somehow, at least as of a few months ago when I was last in there. Nice folks.

Rock out with your Glock out.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Just to make sure I got the sequence of events correct:

1. You bought an item.
    2. The item would not work.
    3. You went to return the item.
    4. They said no returns but you can exchange or get store credit.
    5. You said you would exchange so you would never have to come back.
    6. You said you would tell everyone it was a crappy place to do business.
    7. They said do what you need to do.

It doesn't sound like the guy at the store was the asshole. It sounds like you were mad at their return policy and you escalated the situation. You bought what they would likely consider a small ticket item and you threatened to not go back and to give them a bad review because they adhered to their return policy. At that point, they certainly have no incentive to be nice to you.

I'm trying to figure out your gripe. Are you mad because you didn't know their return policy? Or are you mad because they weren't bothered by your threats?

Marksman

User Info Menu

I purchased a Beretta PX4 for my son from them. They were cheaper than Jim's and the process was easy. I dealt with the older gentleman and had no complaints. Your mileage may vary.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don't know either party but would like to hear both sides of the story---most times they vary greatly---

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by topgunz1 View Post
    Practical Tactical in BR on Industriplex does blue label Glocks as well. I always heard Glock wouldn't add any more, but he managed it somehow, at least as of a few months ago when I was last in there. Nice folks.
    I recently heard about them and forgot to list them.
    I had always heard Don would be the only BL Glock Distributor in Baton Rouge.
    Will correct my post.

Not a Fed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I recently heard about them and forgot to list them.
    I had always heard Don would be the only BL Glock Distributor in Baton Rouge.
    Will correct my post.
    When I got my Sig from them years ago they were the Sig people. When I saw that they went Glock I thought oh now that Sid was running EBRSO maybe that had something to do with it since Baker PD was the first I knew that had Glocks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    They mostly cater to police and aren't too keen on helping non-cops from my experiences with them. I personally don't shop there and likely won't again.
    Most of the time they arent too keen on helping cops either. They knew they were the only blue label dealer around so everyone had to deal with it. Nothing like having a 21 year old reserve/non-officer telling me what I am wanting is not what I should be using . Now there is practical tactical, they have been very pleasant in dealing with them on my last 2 glock purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    They mostly cater to police and aren't too keen on helping non-cops from my experiences with them. I personally don't shop there and likely won't again.
    Had the same experience the one time i attempted to shop there. Intended to purchase multiple g26 mags and pierce base plates. They were uninterested in assisting me in making a purchase so i went home and ordered them at a lower cost. I'm all for the support local when the local folks are worth supporting. There is a particular gun shop in denham springs which was recently charging $24.99 for a box of 50 9mm tula, i refuse to support that. I will however give a plug for Pelican Pawn in denham. They have a smaller selection in store over all but they have always been friendly and will order anything you want at a fair price. I've made multiple purchases through them.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sksshooter View Post
    Had the same experience the one time i attempted to shop there. Intended to purchase multiple g26 mags and pierce base plates. They were uninterested in assisting me in making a purchase so i went home and ordered them at a lower cost. I'm all for the support local when the local folks are worth supporting. There is a particular gun shop in denham springs which was recently charging $24.99 for a box of 50 9mm tula, i refuse to support that. I will however give a plug for Pelican Pawn in denham. They have a smaller selection in store over all but they have always been friendly and will order anything you want at a fair price. I've made multiple purchases through them.
    I'm with you. I am all about paying a bit extra to support good people and good businesses. At the same time though, even though I don't think BR Police Supply falls into the 'good business' category, I certainly won't bash them because they stood by their return policy.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Marksman

User Info Menu

Since this is the internet I’ll throw in my $.02.

I don’t like dealing with stores who don’t return and refund consumer items. Since most places will return nearly anything unused or defective I could see how it would catch a guy off guard too. If they made their policy visible and easily ascertained at purchase it’s the buyers F-up if not, then it’s not a place I would be willing to deal with again if it were me.

All that said, a wise man once told me it doesn’t cost you anything to be nice. And that cuts both ways.