Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
    -Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sksshooter View Post
    Had the same experience the one time i attempted to shop there. Intended to purchase multiple g26 mags and pierce base plates. They were uninterested in assisting me in making a purchase so i went home and ordered them at a lower cost. I'm all for the support local when the local folks are worth supporting. There is a particular gun shop in denham springs which was recently charging $24.99 for a box of 50 9mm tula, i refuse to support that. I will however give a plug for Pelican Pawn in denham. They have a smaller selection in store over all but they have always been friendly and will order anything you want at a fair price. I've made multiple purchases through them.
    It almost sounds like shopping at the Old 10-8 or AFFS or what ever it was.

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Return polices can be weird. Personally I think everyone should just consider "all sales final" and take it up with the mfg if there is a defect. If I buy something that does not work for me, I can just sell it on.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    It almost sounds like shopping at the Old 10-8 or AFFS or what ever it was.
    I happened to have liked 10-8 Tactical. I dropped quite a bit of money there over the years and never had any issues. I do remember them saying they didn't sell ak's because they would rather not do business with people who would buy ak's.

Based on the comments in this thread, I checked out Practical Tactical today. And I picked up a Glock 43X while I was there.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I happened to have liked 10-8 Tactical. I dropped quite a bit of money there over the years and never had any issues. I do remember them saying they didn't sell ak's because they would rather not do business with people who would buy ak's.

Based on the comments in this thread, I checked out Practical Tactical today. And I picked up a Glock 43X while I was there.
    Break it in and I will give you your money back.
    Last edited by JBP55; June 19th, 2020 at 06:44 PM.

On Target

User Info Menu

Just to post my experience, I purchased a blue label G17 M.O.S. At Baton Rouge Police supply this week. I called ahead and asked if they had them in stock which They did. Informed them I would like to purchase one through the veteran program which they gladly honored. I deal with a younger guy and a middle aged man, as well as a young lady there. All were polite, professional, and courteous. They even helped me out with my DD214, as I just had a digital copy, they needed a paper copy, so I emailed it to the younger guy, he printed it up for me and all was well.

Sorry the OP had a bad experience there, this was my first time shopping there and it was a positive experience for myself.

I appreciate them taking the time to help me out, and thankfully they had a few blue labels in stock, especially nowadays with everything going on.
    Last edited by Blaize; June 19th, 2020 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

On Target

User Info Menu

Glad I never stepped into that store. We AK owners must be even more deplorable than I thought. Really, who would ever want an affordable, easy to service, inexpensive to shoot rifle that comes in so many collectable variants that it is an entire hobby unto itself. Dont get me wrong, I am not actually offended; just puzzled at why someone would say that to a potential customer.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 870marinemagnum View Post
    Glad I never stepped into that store. We AK owners must be even more deplorable than I thought. Really, who would ever want an affordable, easy to service, inexpensive to shoot rifle that comes in so many collectable variants that it is an entire hobby unto itself. Dont get me wrong, I am not actually offended; just puzzled at why someone would say that to a potential customer.
    Your post is puzzling. Why would anyone go to a Cop Shop to shop or discuss AK's? I do not think AK's had anything to do with this thread.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Your post is puzzling. Why would anyone go to a Cop Shop to shop or discuss AK's? I do not think AK's had anything to do with this thread.
    your last response quoted the post that brought up Kalashnikov rifles not being sold in certain stores. Scroll ^^^up^^^ and read what you quoted in your last post.
    Last edited by 870marinemagnum; June 19th, 2020 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 870marinemagnum View Post
    your last response quoted the post that brought up Kalashnikov rifles not being sold in certain stores. Scroll ^^^up^^^ and read what you quoted in your last post.
    I do not see where your original post had anything to do with this thread. Correct me if I am wrong.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post

^^^^this post that YOU quoted^^^^ in this very same thread.