Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DPMS

Monolithic Mentor

User Info Menu

The forend looks like a Magpul camo forend.
    Last edited by hunter5567; June 19th, 2020 at 07:47 AM.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

If you are going to be using it just for the range and aren't planning on potentially using it for self-defense, then I'd say spend your money on three things:

1) Mags/Ammo
    2) Range time + formal training if within budget
    3) A decent optic

If it's truly just a plinker for range fun, you probably don't actually /need/ formal training from a professional. With that being said, it's impossible to know things that you don't know. You'll pickup useful information from others and from the internet, but a one day class might be worth it to get a wealth of knowledge (use, handling, components, and etc).
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    If you are going to be using it just for the range and aren't planning on potentially using it for self-defense, then I'd say spend your money on three things:

1) Mags/Ammo
    2) Range time + formal training if within budget
    3) A decent optic

If it's truly just a plinker for range fun, you probably don't actually /need/ formal training from a professional. With that being said, it's impossible to know things that you don't know. You'll pickup useful information from others and from the internet, but a one day class might be worth it to get a wealth of knowledge (use, handling, components, and etc).
    I have pistols for self defense, until SHTF, then the rifle will be drafted.
    Training never hurts, and a class about AR 15's sounds like a good idea. I've been watching videos and reading, trying to sort out the good advice from the bad.
    Right now ammo and mags are the top of the list, that's gonna take some bucks.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

The reason your rifle came with a Remington manual is most likely because Remington handled the last of DPMS before it closed up for good. Although rifles are still for sale, DPMS as a company no longer exists.

As far as upgrades, I would look into a quality optic and plenty ammunition.
    Doesn't play well with rabbit hunting gun runners.

Geissele SMR Mk8 15" Handguard For Sale

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    The reason your rifle came with a Remington manual is most likely because Remington handled the last of DPMS before it closed up for good. Although rifles are still for sale, DPMS as a company no longer exists.

As far as upgrades, I would look into a quality optic and plenty ammunition.
    I had a Sightmark SM14000 in the safe. Using that for now. Ammo might take a while. 30 minute drive to Academy and a 3 box limit.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwsonar View Post
    I had a Sightmark SM14000 in the safe. Using that for now. Ammo might take a while. 30 minute drive to Academy and a 3 box limit.
    Probably best to browse online retailers. Academy and similar stores have a hard time keeping it on their shelves. Plus, they also have staffing problems going on due to COVID.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

treat never keep keep

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwsonar View Post
    I understand this a low level AR. Any suggestions as to first things to upgrade?
    37mm launcher
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4-14 View Post
    37mm launcher
    LOL That made my day!
    Just remember to tell him to get the one from LMT!

treat never keep keep

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
    LOL That made my day!
    Just remember to tell him to get the one from LMT!
    Might as well splurge. lol
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4-14 View Post
    37mm launcher
    Now here's a hand !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.