Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonto's Colt

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    I promise if I win the Colt I’ll let you not only look at it but shoot it as well if it’s safe to do so.
    My plans include range days for nostalgia.
    It’s not a safe queen after all...
    You're on !!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Jay Silverheels was born in Canada as the son toa Mohawk Chief.
    I grew up not far from the Six Nations whee Jay was born. Really beautiful area around there.

Neat gun. I suspect it'll get bid up a lot higher than the $1,800 it's currently at.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Very cool. I own John Hart's personal CaseXX Straight Razor. Also have his signature on a canceled check, a notarized letter stating such and some photos of him as Lone Ranger. Def. not as cool as Tonto's revolver but still cool to own.
    SASS #84934

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Right on,If you're the winning bid I for one would love to see it up close !
    Heck yeah, me to. If you win you could charge a small fee to view it and charge extra for range days lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

On Target

User Info Menu

Count me in also. Id love to see it and join y'all for range day. I have a couple black powder weapons that need firing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Lasagna View Post
    I have no choice but to bid on it.
    Want to resist but these are childhood memories we’re talking about.

Damn you Gator.
    Cheesy Lasagna, I’d pay you a fee if you let me shoot that revolver.

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

If I do indeed win it, we’ll have to arrange a day for folks here to shoot it.
    (If’n it’s safe to, that is. It looks well-worn and used hard.)
    No fees to play; that’s contrary to the entire spirit of it in my opinion.

But let’s see if I win the auction first...
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    Neat gun. I suspect it'll get bid up a lot higher than the $1,800 it's currently at.

Mike
    Yeah, I know.
    Let’s hope not that much higher.
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Don’t troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Colt Frontier Six Shooter .44-40 is what should be displayed along the barrel. Likely built at the turn of the last century Making it a hundred year old pistol. I’ve seen those go for $3-5K with a decent bore (and zero documentation) in working condition. The auction is set to end mid July so I imagine nobody is in a hurry to place a bid. Looks like only 2 bids at the moment. I’m guessing it will bust 5k.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Colt Frontier Six Shooter .44-40 is what should be displayed along the barrel. Likely built at the turn of the last century Making it a hundred year old pistol. I’ve seen those go for $3-5K with a decent bore (and zero documentation) in working condition. The auction is set to end mid July so I imagine nobody is in a hurry to place a bid. Looks like only 2 bids at the moment. I’m guessing it will bust 5k.
    Exactly.
    I’ve a figure in mind but will wait.

No reason to prematurely drive the final price up.