Concrete work recommendations...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Hi all,

I am looking for company recommendations for a slab form/pour. Looking for 16' x 20'/25' or 30' four inches thick.

Also looking for company recommendations on metal garages.

I got pricing from Nairn Conrete in Belle Chasse at $113/yd3 which I felt was a bit high. All they do is deliver the ready mix to the curb. They also recommended 3 contractors to me but, none have yet to show at the appointment time nor have they returned my calls. This is not a knock against Nairn as they can't control contractors.

Thanks.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hi all,

I am looking for company recommendations for a slab form/pour. Looking for 16' x 20'/25' or 30' four inches thick.

Also looking for company recommendations on metal garages.

I got pricing from Nairn Conrete in Belle Chasse at $113/yd3 which I felt was a bit high. All they do is deliver the ready mix to the curb. They also recommended 3 contractors to me but, none have yet to show at the appointment time nor have they returned my calls. This is not a knock against Nairn as they can't control contractors.

Thanks.

Any contractor worth using will have the concrete delivered and pour it themselves.

$113 per cubic yard is a bit steep if that’s all they are doing.

Installed cost for what you’re looking to do should be around $2500-3500 depending on the size you go with. Are you tieing it into an existing slab?

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I will tie in on a small area. I will use MS Paint to draw up plans on the computer and post them.

Thanks.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Slab Drawing.png

Ideally want to put a 15'x20/25/30' Garage on this slab with a slight overhang on each of the four sides so that the metal of the building isnt right against the grass.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    View attachment 96379

Ideally want to put a 15'x20/25/30' Garage on this slab with a slight overhang on each of the four sides so that the metal of the building isnt right against the grass.

Unfortunately, the people I would recommend don't head down your way, but I would expect to pay about $3200-3600 for what you want.

Is the green area existing green space? They might tell you something about the hard corner at the top.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Yes, the green area is currently grass. I had planned on leaving that area as grass to allow for property line offset and building code (which I still do not know where to find).

The hard corner can be adjusted as almost anything on this plan. Right now it is between "spitballing" and actually building.

Top Bottom