Concrete work recommendations...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Hi all,

I am looking for company recommendations for a slab form/pour. Looking for 16' x 20'/25' or 30' four inches thick.

Also looking for company recommendations on metal garages.

I got pricing from Nairn Conrete in Belle Chasse at $113/yd3 which I felt was a bit high. All they do is deliver the ready mix to the curb. They also recommended 3 contractors to me but, none have yet to show at the appointment time nor have they returned my calls. This is not a knock against Nairn as they can't control contractors.

Thanks.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hi all,

I am looking for company recommendations for a slab form/pour. Looking for 16' x 20'/25' or 30' four inches thick.

Also looking for company recommendations on metal garages.

I got pricing from Nairn Conrete in Belle Chasse at $113/yd3 which I felt was a bit high. All they do is deliver the ready mix to the curb. They also recommended 3 contractors to me but, none have yet to show at the appointment time nor have they returned my calls. This is not a knock against Nairn as they can't control contractors.

Thanks.

Any contractor worth using will have the concrete delivered and pour it themselves.

$113 per cubic yard is a bit steep if that’s all they are doing.

Installed cost for what you’re looking to do should be around $2500-3500 depending on the size you go with. Are you tieing it into an existing slab?

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    I will tie in on a small area. I will use MS Paint to draw up plans on the computer and post them.

Thanks.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Slab Drawing.png

Ideally want to put a 15'x20/25/30' Garage on this slab with a slight overhang on each of the four sides so that the metal of the building isnt right against the grass.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    View attachment 96379

Ideally want to put a 15'x20/25/30' Garage on this slab with a slight overhang on each of the four sides so that the metal of the building isnt right against the grass.

Unfortunately, the people I would recommend don't head down your way, but I would expect to pay about $3200-3600 for what you want.

Is the green area existing green space? They might tell you something about the hard corner at the top.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Yes, the green area is currently grass. I had planned on leaving that area as grass to allow for property line offset and building code (which I still do not know where to find).

The hard corner can be adjusted as almost anything on this plan. Right now it is between "spitballing" and actually building.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom