Replies to ads should be turned off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Due to the replies in the ads causing more and more issues lately, they should now be disabled. Like before, only the original poster can reply. Ads can be bumped once per day but they cannot be bumped on the day the ad was posted. All questions for the ad poster should be made through the site's PM system or through the OP's chosen method of communication.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I agree, it has been fun though lol... it would be needed if like arf.com where you need comments for feedback, but this is a diff program

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've suggested multiple times to allow comments, but prevent comments from bumping the thread. Since this version of vBulletin apparently doesn't allow for that, it's best to remove them.

We wouldn't want anybody complaining about prices... would we...

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    It's not always about price discussion. I posted a WTB thread for a webcam and got responses from people about what I should use instead of a webcam. It was a WTB thread not a "let's discuss other options" thread. I've seen similar things happen with firearm threads where people who have no interest in buying or selling want to add their 2 cents. This also solves the whole "I replied first so I deserve the item" drama. If people are worried about WTS threads with ridiculous prices, I'm sure a thread can be made/updated/stickied to the handgun section with common prices for used Glocks to prevent newcomers from overpaying.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's not always about price discussion. I posted a WTB thread for a webcam and got responses from people about what I should use instead of a webcam. It was a WTB thread not a "let's discuss other options" thread. I've seen similar things happen with firearm threads where people who have no interest in buying or selling want to add their 2 cents. This also solves the whole "I replied first so I deserve the item" drama. If people are worried about WTS threads with ridiculous prices, I'm sure a thread can be made/updated/stickied to the handgun section with common prices for used Glocks to prevent newcomers from overpaying.

That is one of the only positives from it. Aside from that, it causes a lot of trouble on the backend with moderation. We also now get a lot of PMs with people upset over not getting stuff that they 'replied to first.'

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m guessing that horrendous ammo for sale thread that ended at like 40 pages was the precursor to this decision. Now we don’t have to worry about anyone bashing a post over the asking price. Hooray.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I’m guessing that horrendous ammo for sale thread that ended at like 40 pages was the precursor to this decision. Now we don’t have to worry about anyone bashing a post over the asking price. Hooray.

Is someone butthurt again? Now how we gonna tell someone their in box is full???

Oh Snap, Lets just message the Mods that someones in-box is full...Let them hack the thread!!!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Nope. That 14 page thread ended almost a month ago. The precursor was a much more recent thread.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    It seems as if the tool is being blamed and changed for the good of the community as a whole vs the perps who can’t control themselves or their comments.

It seems like a familiar story, no?

If we can save one bs’r from being banned it was worth it....

;)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would be open to letting premium members respond to posts for some of the above benefits. But allowing most users to reply has created more trouble than it's worth.

If someone is posting an apple, but labeling it as an orange, that's a case where replying is helpful. But most of the replies to threads weren't really helpful.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Nope. That 14 page thread ended almost a month ago. The precursor was a much more recent thread.
    Aw dang, I must have missed it.

I would be open to letting premium members respond to posts for some of the above benefits. But allowing most users to reply has created more trouble than it's worth.

If someone is posting an apple, but labeling it as an orange, that's a case where replying is helpful. But most of the replies to threads weren't really helpful.
    Yeah, I can say I never saw a truly helpful reply and if it’s to point something out to the OP or ask a question the PM feature works just fine, so there’s really no need. I’m glad it’s back to the way it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom