Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I've suggested multiple times to allow comments, but prevent comments from bumping the thread. Since this version of vBulletin apparently doesn't allow for that, it's best to remove them.

We wouldn't want anybody complaining about prices... would we...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    Wow.
    Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

It's not always about price discussion. I posted a WTB thread for a webcam and got responses from people about what I should use instead of a webcam. It was a WTB thread not a "let's discuss other options" thread. I've seen similar things happen with firearm threads where people who have no interest in buying or selling want to add their 2 cents. This also solves the whole "I replied first so I deserve the item" drama. If people are worried about WTS threads with ridiculous prices, I'm sure a thread can be made/updated/stickied to the handgun section with common prices for used Glocks to prevent newcomers from overpaying.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    It's not always about price discussion. I posted a WTB thread for a webcam and got responses from people about what I should use instead of a webcam. It was a WTB thread not a "let's discuss other options" thread. I've seen similar things happen with firearm threads where people who have no interest in buying or selling want to add their 2 cents. This also solves the whole "I replied first so I deserve the item" drama. If people are worried about WTS threads with ridiculous prices, I'm sure a thread can be made/updated/stickied to the handgun section with common prices for used Glocks to prevent newcomers from overpaying.
    That is one of the only positives from it. Aside from that, it causes a lot of trouble on the backend with moderation. We also now get a lot of PMs with people upset over not getting stuff that they 'replied to first.'
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I’m guessing that horrendous ammo for sale thread that ended at like 40 pages was the precursor to this decision. Now we don’t have to worry about anyone bashing a post over the asking price. Hooray.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I’m guessing that horrendous ammo for sale thread that ended at like 40 pages was the precursor to this decision. Now we don’t have to worry about anyone bashing a post over the asking price. Hooray.
    Is someone butthurt again? Now how we gonna tell someone their in box is full???

Oh Snap, Lets just message the Mods that someones in-box is full...Let them hack the thread!!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Nope. That 14 page thread ended almost a month ago. The precursor was a much more recent thread.

Moving forward

User Info Menu

It seems as if the tool is being blamed and changed for the good of the community as a whole vs the perps who can’t control themselves or their comments.

It seems like a familiar story, no?

If we can save one bs’r from being banned it was worth it....

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

I would be open to letting premium members respond to posts for some of the above benefits. But allowing most users to reply has created more trouble than it's worth.

If someone is posting an apple, but labeling it as an orange, that's a case where replying is helpful. But most of the replies to threads weren't really helpful.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Buy/Sell:
    In search of used locks (padlocks, doors, etc). Click here for info

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Nope. That 14 page thread ended almost a month ago. The precursor was a much more recent thread.
    Aw dang, I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    I would be open to letting premium members respond to posts for some of the above benefits. But allowing most users to reply has created more trouble than it's worth.

If someone is posting an apple, but labeling it as an orange, that's a case where replying is helpful. But most of the replies to threads weren't really helpful.
    Yeah, I can say I never saw a truly helpful reply and if it’s to point something out to the OP or ask a question the PM feature works just fine, so there’s really no need. I’m glad it’s back to the way it was.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...