Lifetime License

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Hello Gents,

Just curious how many of you have the lifetime license hunting, fishing, both? It's very attractive for $500 for the combo license and even if for some reason did move out of state can always come back to hunt/fish. Any insight on the actual amount of time to receive your lifetime license is appreciated also.

Thanks!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Wife got me mine for Christmas quite a few years ago. You can mail all the info and documents in but if you go to the BR office you can do it all in person and they give you a temp card to use until your laminated one comes in the mail. Granted this was years ago but can't imagine it changed all that much.

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bought it for me and my son a few years back. It didnt make as much financial sense for me then, but now that the fishing fees have gone up it definitely makes more sense for me. I'm not going to lie, the convenience of not having to buy a license every year is worth it alone.

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    Bought one for my grandson before he turned 5 for $200. Bought one for myself as soon as I turned 60 for only $50.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I purchased one about 15-20 years ago and it was a big decision then but I’m so glad I did it. You still have to buy a federal duck stamp, do hip cert and get deer / turkey tags but I have not regretted the decision. I also purchase one for my son about 6 years ago and it was like $250 if purchased prior to age 5 I believe. I have the combo hunt/ fish lifetime.

I also added it to my driver’s license when I renewed last and I have a copy on my phone so I never carry it on my person anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    I've been thinking about buying mine. I'm 36 and just got into hunting a few years ago. Worth it to me and the money goes to help the state and LDWF.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    I have my combo and got my son’s for $200 when he was turning 2. That was his Christmas gift that year, better than any toy I could have bought.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Bought mine the first year that it was offered. Combo was only $300 then (Intro special). I paid for both of my boys to get combos before they were 2 for $200 and they just had to take Hunter's ed to get them when they were of age. I didn't know about the DL thing but I think I will look into getting mine also. Every once in a while the state has a "Special" rate on the the combo for quite a savings, they do this to make up for the lost revenue caused by previous sales that they already blew the money on...lol

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yes it can be added to the DL, along with hunter ed and boater ed. You have to have the documents with you when you renew your DL for them to add it. I got everything added to my DL when I got the real ID.

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Most states have reciprocity, especially red ones. They can have quirky laws though... like "must have the card on your person at all times."

It doesn't take very long to get if you send in all the proper paperwork the first time. I believe they ask for an official birth cert but will accept a copy (especially if Louisiana sourced).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Hello Gents,

Just curious how many of you have the lifetime license hunting, fishing, both? It's very attractive for $500 for the combo license and even if for some reason did move out of state can always come back to hunt/fish. Any insight on the actual amount of time to receive your lifetime license is appreciated also.

Thanks!

I bought mine the first year they came out! Bought my eldest son one when he was 3! bought my youngest one his when 1!

Mine has paid for itself 5 times over!!!! But I hunt and fish my ass off too!!!!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I bought mine last March. The receipt I received when I paid for it served as a temporary lifetime permit, so I could start using it immediately. Took a few weeks to get my plastic card.

Word to the wise: you can go to the DMV and have your lifetime permit added to your drivers license as an endorsement.

Mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Just a quick update finally received a call from LA Wlf for payment on the lifetime license. Should receive in the next 2 weeks according to the nice woman I spoke with. Be a little over 2 months wait when all said and done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Yes sir. Next will be my son if he enjoys hunting as much as I do. So far so good with him but this will be the real test this year as I plan on bringing him along on most hunts this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom