Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

A question about renewing my permit

I’m renewing my LACHP and took the class, did the online application and got email saying they got my application. It’s been about two weeks and I have not received an email saying it was approved. When I check the website it says *Pending Acceptance*. My son did it at around the same time ( his was a new permit) and he already has the physical card. Should I contact them by email or just keep waiting . My original permit expires late August.

Bayou Photo Shooter

User Info Menu

I've been through 2 renewals. They took anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks. I wouldn't worry and bother them at the 2 week mark. Just wait it out until at least mid-July.
    IATSE Local 600 Camera Operator

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. Sounds like good advice. Appreciate the response.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It all depends on which processor your packet was assigned to. One processes things quickly, another one drags their feet. Just luck of the draw on which processor gets your packet.
    "A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice."

Ima let dat pass dis time

User Info Menu

Right there with ya. I sent in my renewal online at about the same time you did just because the isolation had all the classes stopped. I have not yet gotten the payment email which is what you are supposed to receive when the permit is good to go. Instructors told us 7-30 days right now.
    Mental constipation...cured by Moral Fiber.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I'm currently waiting on a renewal as well. Things have been slow.

User Info Menu

Same here. Sent mine in around the same time. Still have not received the email requesting payment.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My renewal took six days. Class on Saturday, filled out everything that night online. Card came in that Friday.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Just got my email approval and request for payment for renewal permit. A little over three weeks.

Ima let dat pass dis time

User Info Menu

My payment email showed up exactly 30 after renewal was submitted. The website was down for 2 days.

Edit 7/19: paid a week ago and FFL status still says review and no card yet. I think i'll go back to in-person next time.
    Last edited by PrairieCajun; July 19th, 2020 at 09:09 AM.
    Mental constipation...cured by Moral Fiber.