A question about renewing my permit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I’m renewing my LACHP and took the class, did the online application and got email saying they got my application. It’s been about two weeks and I have not received an email saying it was approved. When I check the website it says *Pending Acceptance*. My son did it at around the same time ( his was a new permit) and he already has the physical card. Should I contact them by email or just keep waiting . My original permit expires late August.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I've been through 2 renewals. They took anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks. I wouldn't worry and bother them at the 2 week mark. Just wait it out until at least mid-July.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    It all depends on which processor your packet was assigned to. One processes things quickly, another one drags their feet. Just luck of the draw on which processor gets your packet.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Right there with ya. I sent in my renewal online at about the same time you did just because the isolation had all the classes stopped. I have not yet gotten the payment email which is what you are supposed to receive when the permit is good to go. Instructors told us 7-30 days right now.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    My payment email showed up exactly 30 after renewal was submitted. The website was down for 2 days.

Edit 7/19: paid a week ago and FFL status still says review and no card yet. I think i'll go back to in-person next time.

Last edited:

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Update !!! My notary forgot to put his number on the form so o rectified that and uploaded the corrected docs. Hopefully this takes care of it.

ronkw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2015
    Covington, LA
    I snail-Mailed my renewal three weeks ago... two weeks after receiving their expiration heads up notice.
    I did not like the online process, specifically the Notarized papers, and the new Training Cert.

It was uncler to me as to how to forward them elecrtonically/digitally. (Take a photo and submit a .jpg? No way that's acceptable)
    I put it all in a manila envelope and carried it to the Post office

How did handle my stumbling block?? Why not mail it in and remove the doubt? They have a heavy workload now, so I hear.

tigerman248

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Casper, WY
    I did my renewal and it took 5 weeks to get the email , paid got the card 3 days later. Now my wife’s was submitted 6/2 and still no email

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mine arrived today too. Took 72 days from submission to arrival.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom