Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm going on day 64..

Expert in the field of wife avoidance

User Info Menu

Small pet peeve here. Original permit expired on 09/18/20. Renewal permit was issued on 09/02/20 and expires on 09/02/25. Couldn't they do like a drivers license and keep the expiration date the same, regardless of renewal date? Within reason, of course.

I know, first world problems...
    USPSA #A74215

Sarcasm. Just another fine service I offer.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davidd View Post
    Small pet peeve here. Original permit expired on 09/18/20. Renewal permit was issued on 09/02/20 and expires on 09/02/25. Couldn't they do like a drivers license and keep the expiration date the same, regardless of renewal date? Within reason, of course.

I know, first world problems...
    You’re not the only one who thought that. My issued/expiration date is the date that it was approved. It still took a few days to arrive. My original expiration and the new issued date were months apart. For that, I’m glad I didn’t get shorted.

crusty old bastard

User Info Menu

Forget it Jake. It's Louisiana
    Stay thirsty my friends

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I finally got my permit two days after my original expired. I think I mentioned this in an above post, but I did send in a document that wasn’t complete so that is on me and not the State Police. I will say that when I emailed them they did respond and that was helpful so I appreciated that. The only thing I think that need to change to make things easier is they should let you upload all the documents at one time instead of making you separate each required document and upload then singularly. On another note my son who is in the Navy and stationed in Washington State went through the process of acquiring his concealed carry permit and it was much faster than Louisiana. Basically you go to the Sheriffs office in your county and they take your finger print and do the back ground check. He had his permit in less than two weeks and the cost was cheaper.