Anyone use a shell deflector on AR platform?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ended up going with the Brass Bully. Wouldn't have been mad if it was a few bucks cheaper, but works like a hot damn so far. (Came in unfinished aluminum so I gave it a quick blast with some black rustoleum, then didn't wait long enough to dry before installing, which is why the finish isn't flawless.)
    wRQiS9C.jpg

What is the point of that?

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    That's a good choice if you are not trying to save the brass. We used them on a helicopter hog hunt in Texas a few years ago. They worked good. A deflector or a catcher was required in the chopper.

If you were mangling brass it wasn’t setup right. The angle of the deflector over the ejection port is adjustable so that it can be set for any caliber. Fire a few rounds while backing it off and there will be a point where brass barely hits it and stacks your brass in a neat little pile. I reload all my brass and use it for 5.56, 300BLK, 30-06, and 300WBYMAG with no problem. When you have to use one it works pretty well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    What is the point of that?

Deflects the ejected brass downward.

That's a good choice if you are not trying to save the brass. We used them on a helicopter hog hunt in Texas a few years ago. They worked good. A deflector or a catcher was required in the chopper.

Never woulda thought of that, good point! I’m definitely not needing to save 22lr brass, just trying to keep the neck and arm welts to a minimum haha!

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Why though?

Is this for shooting indoors or something?

Oh! Yes. It’s in my original post — I do most of my shooting at indoor ranges and my 15-22 spits casings at damn near muzzle velocity, and I was sick of getting pelted with hot brass bouncing off the stall walls back at me.

Top Bottom