Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Target

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    Per our PM, this is how it looks on a rifle, if this gives you some ideas:
    Very cool! Thank you for the pictures. I donít think Iíd be able to rig this up to work on mine, but appreciate the generosity and offer.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bwahhaaahhaaaa, suckit Righties! Now you know how us Southpaws have to live life. I looked like I had chicken pox all thru Basic Training. The clip on brass deflectors for an M16 is about as effective and efficient as left-handed paper cruncher-uppers (I mean "scissors"). But I'm not bitter...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

The Brass Bully works well. I just made mine though, pretty easy. Uses a rail mount so I can swap it between guns. Just adjust deflection for whatever caliber. Donít have a problem getting pelted with brass though. I just like all my brass in a little pile.

TC-Accessories makes a couple of models and are approved for High Power service rifle matches. I use their carry handle model and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

The Caldwell Pic Rail Brass Catcher was mentioned earlier. It happens to be on sale on Amazon right now for about $25.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Resi...3696011&sr=8-7

One of the pics on that page shows an ar with a left side forward assist bolted on the upper. I realized I never thought about it until today that there are left handed bcg's.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    The Caldwell Pic Rail Brass Catcher was mentioned earlier. It happens to be on sale on Amazon right now for about $25.

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Resi...3696011&sr=8-7

One of the pics on that page shows an ar with a left side forward assist bolted on the upper. I realized I never thought about it until today that there are left handed bcg's.

There are complete left hand uppers.

User Info Menu

i remember a brass deflector which was used with the m-16. it was used on the M-16a model. I have not seen one in 30+ years it would clip inside of the carry handle..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rdass623 View Post
    i remember a brass deflector which was used with the m-16. it was used on the M-16a model. I have not seen one in 30+ years it would clip inside of the carry handle..
    And it "deflected" the brass right back into the chamber about 90% of the time. It's tough living in a right-handed world. Hmmmm, I think I should get some free stuff from the gov't for it...

Salt

User Info Menu

LOL! I attended a training event last fall they had us stacked pretty tight, we were doing a carbine segment, and the kid to my right was crying because my 5.56 brass was hitting him on the left shoulder. Most of these guys were Law and had some pretty tacticool loadouts. I was wearing my fleece and WileyX and one of the older guys asked to swap positions so he could pelt me with his pistol carbine. He pelted me for a while and to his surprise I was unphased. I have years of experience getting kissed by brass from full autos. Sometimes youíll get lucky and a casing will be so hot it will stick to your skin.. I actually have a significant second degree burn on my hand from a machine gun shell from my military years. I invested in Kevlar gloves after that incident. Brass catchers can be nice. But eventually youíll get used to hot brass. I will say my Valkyrie brass is so hot when it ejects itís certifiably brutal and will actually melt itself so deep into ice in the winter that itís nearly impossible to retrieve. Good luck!