Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Looking for info on an SKS

A number of years ago, I bought an SKS from Accurate Firearms in Baton Rouge for about $125. It got flooded during Katrina and, by the time I was able to get back to my house, it was in need of some care. The bolt carrier was refinished at that time. I do not have the original stock on it right now but I should have it somewhere. The serial number on the trigger housing does not match but all of the other serial numbers I can see do. As best I can tell, most of it is a Russian SKS "letter gun" made around 1955-1956 at the Tula Arsenal. The trigger housing may be Russian between 1951 and early 1953. Also, I had nothing to do with the table cloth. It showed up on the table one day with no input from me.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Dig around on here it should be there http://www.sksboards.com/

*Banned*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post

Yep, the best place to find info on the SKS rifle!
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"

Sooooo Cheesy!

User Info Menu

No input on the SKS but I see that your wife shops at the same places mine does.
    I never get consulted either.
    Ever.

After 30 years I still haven’t gotten accustomed to it fully...
    PSA: run up on me while I'm getting my Beef and Cheddar on and point a gun or gun like object in my face, be prepared to catch some hot ones. -Vanilla Gorilla

Okay, why the hell is there a cock picture in my thread? -JWG223

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Yeah...I saw that site when I was searching. I was hoping to avoid joining another site. But it may be inevitable.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I can view the forums without joining

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

It's a refurbished Russian sks, referred to as bbq painted. Value is diminished because of the missing stock, bayonet, and cleaning rod. Never understood why people think that rifle needs a bipod.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I can view the forums without joining

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk
    I didn't scrub the site but I didn't see a lot of readily available information that applied.

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    It's a refurbished Russian sks, referred to as bbq painted. Value is diminished because of the missing stock, bayonet, and cleaning rod. Never understood why people think that rifle needs a bipod.
    I don't know if I have the bayonet but I'm pretty sure I have the stock and reasonably sure I have the cleaning rod. I'm going to look for it tomorrow and see if I can return it to as original as possible. I don't shoot it and it's taking up space in the safe. I may decide to try to sell it but I need to know what I have first.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

If you have all the parts and get it back together and want to sell $600 would be a good starting point.