Looking for info on an SKS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A number of years ago, I bought an SKS from Accurate Firearms in Baton Rouge for about $125. It got flooded during Katrina and, by the time I was able to get back to my house, it was in need of some care. The bolt carrier was refinished at that time. I do not have the original stock on it right now but I should have it somewhere. The serial number on the trigger housing does not match but all of the other serial numbers I can see do. As best I can tell, most of it is a Russian SKS "letter gun" made around 1955-1956 at the Tula Arsenal. The trigger housing may be Russian between 1951 and early 1953. Also, I had nothing to do with the table cloth. It showed up on the table one day with no input from me.

a3pwbmshs5vv5tuge7xk.jpeg

i6igfs87w2ja5in752ta.jpeg

zsh68kkkaqyhon1a4a0.jpeg

15wlr0wje022gm78frm9.jpeg

dv2btxx1gtye22iqr.jpeg

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    No input on the SKS but I see that your wife shops at the same places mine does.
    I never get consulted either.
    Ever.

After 30 years I still haven’t gotten accustomed to it fully...

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    It's a refurbished Russian sks, referred to as bbq painted. Value is diminished because of the missing stock, bayonet, and cleaning rod. Never understood why people think that rifle needs a bipod.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I can view the forums without joining

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk

I didn't scrub the site but I didn't see a lot of readily available information that applied.

It's a refurbished Russian sks, referred to as bbq painted. Value is diminished because of the missing stock, bayonet, and cleaning rod. Never understood why people think that rifle needs a bipod.

I don't know if I have the bayonet but I'm pretty sure I have the stock and reasonably sure I have the cleaning rod. I'm going to look for it tomorrow and see if I can return it to as original as possible. I don't shoot it and it's taking up space in the safe. I may decide to try to sell it but I need to know what I have first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom