Join BayouShooter For Free

Thread: Ar-18

On Target

User Info Menu

Ar-18

Hey guys any of you ever handled an Ar 180/ ar18. I'm really digging the idea, but want some insight.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

I want an original too. Such cool guns with history. Brownells BRN-180 may be the closest modern option.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    I want an original too. Such cool guns with history. Brownells BRN-180 may be the closest modern option.
    That's my exact thought also. They are out of stock last I checked. But maybe parts might be available through them also?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuffaar View Post
    Hey guys any of you ever handled an Ar 180/ ar18. I'm really digging the idea, but want some insight.

I love mine. The big issue is mags. I hate they donít use NATO standard mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

The AR-180B takes std ar mags.

The 180b is not a complete clone of the original, however I think the upper is identical. The plastic (polymer?) lower seems to be the main issue that people have with theirs.

Nodak make a replacement receiver than allows for some stock options, the 180B has a fixed stock. Plus the Nodak receiver is aluminum, so stronger than the poly lower and less likely to wear out in key areas.

I would like an original 180, just to have one, no other real reason!

But the 180B I picked up is more of a "shooter".
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"