Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    This guy built one that's 3.414 lb

Why is he closing one eye like hes aiming using a stinking red dot?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you want to get a look at and the feel of a JP Light Wt. rifle, you can at Louisiana Gun. They have one in stock. They are at 12728 Jefferson Hwy. BR

Bryan

Marksman

User Info Menu

Once the lower is available the WWSD 2020 project is using a polymer lower that’s very light with a pencil barrel.

I think KE Arms will be the manufacturer of the lower. More information about the WWSD 2020 project you can watch videos on YouTube from InRangeTV or go to Brownells for more information.

I’m not endorsing it. Hell it doesn’t even yet but it’s a lower cost option that is designed from the ground up for low weight reliability. They’re saying the lowers will begin shipping next month.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

User Info Menu

BCM has a 14.5" upper that would come in at just under six pounds (plus optic) as a complete rifle. Unfortunately, the complete upper runs around $1K by the time you add BCG and charging handle, etc.

I wish that I had bought one of the Robar polymer ARs when they were still available.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Get rid of the junk (heavy accessories) and back to the basics. 16" (or less with a stamp) pencil barrel with iron sights, or lightest optic available if you absolutely have to have one. Plain handguard with no or one small rail for a light which is mounted only when needed. Go to 10 round magazines for her (or only partly load your 30-rounders). Don't know if a plain buttstock is lighter than the adjustable butt - research it.

As a sidetrack - My wife likes my 5.2 lb (5.8 lb loaded) M1 Carbine much better than any of the ARs for our farm use because of the weight and simplicity. At 2 MOA with iron sights, it's perfect for her out to 150 yds or so.
    Last edited by Trailboss; July 1st, 2020 at 06:29 PM.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson