These people are Lawyers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Completely understand the sentiment. For now there is that luxury. Don’t worry though, when they keep coming they will eventually get around to you as well. Ultimately there will be *for* and *against* without much thought to social semantics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are plenty of people worth risking my life over before they get to me. We’ve got some time. When leftists eat their own they don’t need me involved.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Understood. What bothers me is the idea that political beliefs have any equivalence at all to God given rights. That is what they would like you to accept.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Understood. What bothers me is the idea that political beliefs have any equivalence at all to God given rights. That is what they would like you to accept.

I don’t understand. I’m not advocating to take any rights from him. I’m saying this idiot has been feeding the alligator and it looks like it’s done jumped up on the bank and is trying to eat his dog. It ain’t my mess to clean up maybe someone who is a better person than me will pitch in.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Yes they are untrained idiots that helped create the monster and I'm glad they are . If it had been a Trump supporter they would probably already be in jail and all we would hear is Trump supporters are a threat to innocent peaceful trespassers . Let them fight amongst themselves . ---- That said even idiots have a right to protect their castle .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Then what you you have done differently?

The only thing I know that I would have done differently is that I would not have pointed my weapons at them until they crossed my property line . Other than that , I cannot say since I wasn't there .

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I can tell you I would certainly not stand out in the open yelling at people and pointing a rifle and/or pistol at people with that many people out there. From what I've seen, I'd be in the doorway or at the corner of the property or right inside the house at a point I could best observe the savages. No doubt a house like theirs has more than one door with one of them likely on the back side of the house. So they could watch the crowd, react to the crowd as needed, and have a means of retreat should the situation call for it.
    Do you think their actions
    represented the textbook reaction to the given circumstances?

This is the best response in my opinion. After all, the target was the Mayors house. If they had waited and observed, then the mob would have Just walked past them to demonstrate in front of the Mayors residence. The threats were made after they walked outside and got the mobs attention.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I would have had the Wife dig through the closet for her old acid trip attire from the 60’s and sneak into the crowd. She would intermingle with them until I start firing shots into the ground from an upstairs window with the blinds closed. After I have fired several rounds into the lawn(away from the crowd), the Wife yells, *The police are shooting at us! Let’s get out of here!

*This was a duplicate post, so I decided to do something with it.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Well said.

The guy would have been better served to just turn out all the lights and make sure none of the protesters saw him peaking out a window. I bet they’d have walked right by without incident just like they passed so many other houses. If the herd turns on your house and starts breaking in, guess what, green light. Get it done from the comfort of that Lazyboy recliner while the wife serves you beer and pretzels.
    Sure, hug your rifle dude, but don’t jump out the trench and scream ‘Here I am’. Choose your battles.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well said.

The guy would have been better served to just turn out all the lights and make sure none of the protesters saw him peaking out a window. I bet they’d have walked right by without incident just like they passed so many other houses. If the herd turns on your house and starts breaking in, guess what, green light. Get it done from the comfort of that Lazyboy recliner while the wife serves you beer and pretzels.
    Sure, hug your rifle dude, but don’t jump out the trench and scream ‘Here I am’. Choose your battles.

I find it funny hard core leftists and anti-gun...has guns,

Its like the elite leftists can have anything that they are against.

But anyone person or persons in the UN-washed masses like us doesn't need one.

Just proves to me that the elites and lefty's are full of bull hockey..as usual

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I find it funny hard core leftists and anti-gun...has guns,

Its like the elite leftists can have anything that they are against.

But anyone person or persons in the UN-washed masses like us doesn't need one.

Just proves to me that the elites and lefty's are full of bull hockey..as usual

You’re right. The guns are backup for when the hired guns aren’t available

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    It has been argued that we don't need the guns we have based on the technology at the time the 2nd Amendment was done.

One could argue that protest need to be done differently since we have different technology available now. No need to crash gate or burn anything in 3D. They could CGI it.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CiIZTVuSUiY

All joking aside, this Tucker Carlson segment tells us that we really do have to take their side despite their political leanings. I hope they change their thinking on gun control and join the NRA.

Some of us didn't need to be told.
    I don't agree with this couples politics, tactics, gun handling skills, etc. But when one of us has to face a mob, how much minutia do we pile on the core of the problem? All the little details after the fact are only obscuring the basics. It was my understanding they were already outside when first confronted, as in they had no choice in being confronted. As far as I am concerned the mob was wrong in the first place and everything after that is gaming it from the side of the mob / protestors.

Take out their whiteness, income level and location, location, location of the real estate and what do you have?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some of us didn't need to be told.
    I don't agree with this couples politics, tactics, gun handling skills, etc. But when one of us has to face a mob, how much minutia do we pile on the core of the problem? All the little details after the fact are only obscuring the basics. It was my understanding they were already outside when first confronted, as in they had no choice in being confronted. As far as I am concerned the mob was wrong in the first place and everything after that is gaming it from the side of the mob / protestors.

Take out their whiteness, income level and location, location, location of the real estate and what do you have?

First of all, I agree the mob was wrong. And I wondered about the timeline. If they were outside, were they already armed? Or did they go inside, retrieve the firearms and go back outside?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I heard some snippets on the radio from the interview they gave Hannity. I need to find it and watch the whole thing. If what they were saying is true then the media has again painted them as the bad guys. Post incident is even more scary. They are pretty much on their own and at the mercy of the mob.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    First of all, I agree the mob was wrong. And I wondered about the timeline. If they were outside, were they already armed? Or did they go inside, retrieve the firearms and go back outside?

The way It was reported was they were having a meal outside with guest. (Back Yard??) The mob showed up & threatened them. That seems to me like they went retrieve weapons and came back outside.

My problem with assessing the event is not having a a clear set of facts, unedited video, etc. I know now people are impatient and feel the need to immediately reach a conclusion, usually before all the info is presented, much less evidence.

Overall I don't think confronting a mob is a good tactic. They are outnumbered & possibly outgunned.
    Being in the open does have it's cons.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The way It was reported was they were having a meal outside with guest. (Back Yard??) The mob showed up & threatened them. That seems to me like they went retrieve weapons and came back outside.

My problem with assessing the event is not having a a clear set of facts, unedited video, etc. I know now people are impatient and feel the need to immediately reach a conclusion, usually before all the info is presented, much less evidence.

Overall I don't think confronting a mob is a good tactic. They are outnumbered & possibly outgunned.
    Being in the open does have it's cons.

For context, here's a picture of the house and a link to the gate in google maps. The intersection has been listed in the news so I don't believe there's an issue with posting it. It looks like they have a side yard with a porch that may easily be seen from the front street.

https://goo.gl/maps/42educWcs3PfVuNZ8

1v4j66pcqayqm6r8m7j.png

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    For context, here's a picture of the house and a link to the gate in google maps. The intersection has been listed in the news so I don't believe there's an issue with posting it. It looks like they have a side yard with a porch that may easily be seen from the front street.

https://goo.gl/maps/42educWcs3PfVuNZ8

1v4j66pcqayqm6r8m7j.png

Plus it appears the gate that was broken through was right near them. I would say that they were close enough to the gate to see or hear it being broken. I did see somewhere that the mob had beaten someone previously. So I would venture to say it is unlikely they knew of the beating if they were surprised be a mob of protesters. It was reported they were threatened verbally, but as you say at what point did that happen.

Overall - is it up to the couple to be able to be mind readers and know the mobs intentions? How much does growing violence or yesterdays violence affect it? I'd say if it is OK for people to be pre-disposed that police are a danger to them in a traffic stop then citizens should be able to perceive a non peaceful mob as a threat. How much does the current police chief any DA affect your reaction to the situation?

It was / is cluster for the homeowners.

If I had 'stoopid' money for a house I'd have to have a balcony. I might end up only going out there once the whole time I lived there, but I'd have one.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Plus it appears the gate that was broken through was right near them. I would say that they were close enough to the gate to see or hear it being broken. I did see somewhere that the mob had beaten someone previously. So I would venture to say it is unlikely they knew of the beating if they were surprised be a mob of protesters. It was reported they were threatened verbally, but as you say at what point did that happen.

Overall - is it up to the couple to be able to be mind readers and know the mobs intentions? How much does growing violence or yesterdays violence affect it? I'd say if it is OK for people to be pre-disposed that police are a danger to them in a traffic stop then citizens should be able to perceive a non peaceful mob as a threat. How much does the current police chief any DA affect your reaction to the situation?

It was / is cluster for the homeowners.

Yep, they were thrust in the middle of a cluster. They reacted and it worked out for them.

If I had 'stoopid' money for a house I'd have to have a balcony. I might end up only going out there once the whole time I lived there, but I'd have one.

You'd have to. What good is that much money if you can't look down on the peasants?

The owners also said the mayors house isn’t accessible through their street (private drive)

I had heard that as well. I think it may have been in a video clip from the owner on CNN.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom