These people are Lawyers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think standing out in the open brandishing weapons is the smartest tactic if you literally live in a fortress. Lock yourself inside behind cover and wait.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think being untrained in firearms handing is the problem. I've seen much worse. The problem is they are standing in front of a mob of protestors like they are invincible. Jesus, get behind cover. If there is a threat of being burned out of the house then maybe you can make a stand like this.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don't think being untrained in firearms handing is the problem. I've seen much worse. The problem is they are standing in front of a mob of protestors like they are invincible. Jesus, get behind cover. If there is a threat of being burned out of the house then maybe you can make a stand like this.

That question was for the OP, but I agree with you. I actually watched a sort of AAR on this incident recently. I also agreed with the person speaking during the AAR. Guns are there to ensure you live a full life. If you want to live a full life, you need to stay out of jail. Remove the emotional side of things. Do you want the hill you do on be because of property? If someone breaks into the car while you’re inside, that’s what insurance is for. I fully understand the want to protect what you have worked hard for, but be realistic, the car isn’t worth as much as your life. Stay inside, make use of your home and firearms withing the home. Standing on your lawn waiving your guns around is very disadvantageous.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I heard they are liberals that supported blm till they got threats. I bet they wanted to defund the Police before the mob found his house. Add a Mob that pulls down the gate to your gated community and you have desperate people trying to protect their house that don't know anything about their guns. If they would have fired a shot, they would have turned into Maga hat wearing white supracist.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Are you criticizing people for appearing to be highly untrained?

I’ll get the popcorn.

Yes, training is a civic duty if one has firearms for home or self defense. If they had taken a personal protection course or perhaps read enough gun publications, then they would have known better than to make a spectacle of themselves on their front lawn.
    I do find it comical that a couple of lawyers who appear older than myself, a Marine Corps veteran, don’t know their transverse colons from from holes on the deck.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The mob crashed its way through a private gate in a private community! Once inside and on this guys lawn, they threatened to kill him and his wife, and their dog.

Those of you that think retreating to the house was the best choice, don't understand what is going on with these mobs. How much retreat is enough?

As it stand right now, if you are walking along in a park, to the store, in a parking lot, etc; and some stranger walks up to you and tells you to give him your money or he is going to kill you; and you don't legitimately fear for your life; stop the bravado! You are full of ****!

Americans should be rallying around this guy, not Monday morning quarterbacking about how he was reckless with his weapon during a clear defense of his life and property!

BTW: I personally know someone who was robbed at gunpoint over 20 years ago, and still hasn't gotten over it!

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If he believed the threats were real, he was only making himself an easy target by standing out there yelling at passerbys. There were too many protesters spread out for him to cover them all from his exposed position.

I think I'm going to talk our firearms instructors into adding the Patricia stance to the training curriculum.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, training is a civic duty if one has firearms for home or self defense. If they had taken a personal protection course or perhaps read enough gun publications, then they would have known better than to make a spectacle of themselves on their front lawn.
    I do find it comical that a couple of lawyers who appear older than myself, a Marine Corps veteran, don’t know their transverse colons from from holes on the deck.

I don’t disagree, I’m just preparing for the onslaught of people shouting that they don’t need training.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If he believed the threats were real, he was only making himself an easy target by standing out there yelling at passerbys. There were too many protesters spread out for him to cover them all from his exposed position.

I think I'm going to talk our firearms instructors into adding the Patricia stance to the training curriculum.

I get that! He was an easy target. But he was probably shitting his pants and in total disbelief that 1) It was happening to him in the first place; 2) Most of his neighbors had left because of the nearby protests from day/weeks before; 3) He called the community security and they weren't coming; 4) He called the real police and they weren't coming; 5) They were shouting they were going to kill both of them, TO THEM! 6) They threatened to kill their dog if he was let loose on them.

I suppose there were other factors that were running through his head other than; am I standing and holding this rifle correctly? Should I take up a defensive position? Where is the best cover?

He probably never even shot that rifle in his life. Another liberal douche (and he is), who bought a gun despite the mantra from phony douche liberals; "People shouldn't have guns!"

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I suppose there were other factors that were running through his head other than; am I standing and holding this rifle correctly? Should I take up a defensive position? Where is the best cover?

I have no doubt that the most important factors never crossed his mind. That's why training is important. Real training and not that "run away while shooting blindly behind you" DVD/internet training. It's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. Wait, since nobody has yelled it yet...It's not mandated so YOU DON'T NEED TRAINING to exercise your rights. But a responsible gun owner should want to get training. It would be like walking into a voting booth without knowing anything about the candidates.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    It appears most people do walk into voting booths without knowing anything about the candidates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Disregarding bad firearms handling and tactics, this was an excellent example of how the 2nd amendment was intended to work.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have no doubt that the most important factors never crossed his mind. That's why training is important. Real training and not that "run away while shooting blindly behind you" DVD/internet training. It's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. Wait, since nobody has yelled it yet...It's not mandated so YOU DON'T NEED TRAINING to exercise your rights. But a responsible gun owner should want to get training. It would be like walking into a voting booth without knowing anything about the candidates.

Now, I didn't start this thread, but if you want the grits and gravy of this particular incident; it ain't training! In fact; considering that this guy is being openly villified as a racist, bigot, and white supremacist by the NY Times, the Washington Post, and a litany of other corrupt and phony news media organizations, and the DA of the county where they live openly said she would try to prosecute them if she could, and the worthless scum on social media posted his address so he could be harassed; I would say that if you are a gun owner, you'd be better served if you were wondering why these people are the "bad guys" in this so-called free country with all its Constitutional guarantees, and what you could do about it!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    i have no doubt that the most important factors never crossed his mind. That's why training is important. Real training and not that "run away while shooting blindly behind you" dvd/internet training. It's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. Wait, since nobody has yelled it yet...it's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. But a responsible gun owner should want to get training. It would be like walking into a voting booth without knowing anything about the candidates.

*it dun’t say nowere in the constitution bout trainin*

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It appears most people do walk into voting booths without knowing anything about the candidates

Yep...and it's a shame.

Disregarding bad firearms handling and tactics, this was an excellent example of how the 2nd amendment was intended to work.

I agree.

Now, I didn't start this thread, but if you want the grits and gravy of this particular incident; it ain't training! In fact; considering that this guy is being openly villified as a racist, bigot, and white supremacist by the NY Times, the Washington Post, and a litany of other corrupt and phony news media organizations, and the DA of the county where they live openly said she would try to prosecute them if she could, and the worthless scum on social media posted his address so he could be harassed; I would say that if you are a gun owner, you'd be better served if you were wondering why these people are the "bad guys" in this so-called free country with all its Constitutional guarantees, and what you could do about it!

If your intent by your post was to provide reasons why the homeowner made a bad social decision by standing out and yelling at the protesters, you've succeeded. If not, I can't figure out what you're saying.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    The mob crashed its way through a private gate in a private community! Once inside and on this guys lawn, they threatened to kill him and his wife, and their dog.

Those of you that think retreating to the house was the best choice, don't understand what is going on with these mobs. How much retreat is enough?

As it stand right now, if you are walking along in a park, to the store, in a parking lot, etc; and some stranger walks up to you and tells you to give him your money or he is going to kill you; and you don't legitimately fear for your life; stop the bravado! You are full of ****!

Americans should be rallying around this guy, not Monday morning quarterbacking about how he was reckless with his weapon during a clear defense of his life and property!

BTW: I personally know someone who was robbed at gunpoint over 20 years ago, and still hasn't gotten over it!

Exactly, stand your ground. They want us to cower in our houses. Homeowners and business owners need to do this more to make them understand we have had enough. When they fear their victim they will stop.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Exactly, stand your ground. They want us to cower in our houses. Homeowners and business owners need to do this more to make them understand we have had enough. When they fear their victim they will stop.

No one is asking that you cower in your home. I think some of the more logically thinking individuals here understand the advantages of being inside the home rather than parading around on the front porch.

Top Bottom