These people are Lawyers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Exactly, stand your ground. They want us to cower in our houses. Homeowners and business owners need to do this more to make them understand we have had enough. When they fear their victim they will stop.

I'm not sure who "they" are but some people are suggesting there are more tactically sound decisions that would increase the chances of staying alive.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Good ole BS, full of experts and googlefu masters. These people were doing the best they could in the situation they were put in unwillingly. You would think instead of critiquing them with all of this expertise from serious gunfighters on the forum y’all would be happy to see a few new gun owners as a good thing. I don’t know the whole story and I’m sure there is 2 sides but I’m sure they will get charged if there was even a microscopic size violation of the law. Maybe one day we will see some of you on the news in your plate carriers and war belts behind the sand bagged defensive fighting position you have built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Good ole BS, full of experts and googlefu masters. These people were doing the best they could in the situation they were put in unwillingly. You would think instead of critiquing them with all of this expertise from serious gunfighters on the forum y’all would be happy to see a few new gun owners as a good thing. I don’t know the whole story and I’m sure there is 2 sides but I’m sure they will get charged if there was even a microscopic size violation of the law. Maybe one day we will see some of you on the news in your plate carriers and war belts behind the sand bagged defensive fighting position you have built.

Missouri allows one to defend property, unlike Louisiana.

*Protesters* broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeowners’ property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. I’m not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I don’t think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isn’t the greatest idea.

BS is full of differing opinions.

When the situation is that a home intruder or someone on your property is attempting to enter, it’s been said that home owners should sit tight, be armed, called the police. However, in this situation, the homeowners are being praised for exiting the home to confront the protesters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My limited training leads me to believe that staying inside the home would be a better option, but again... I’m not an expert gunfighter.

- - - Updated - - -

“Protesters” broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeowners’ property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. I’m not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I don’t think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isn’t the greatest idea.

When the situation is that a home intruder or someone on your property is attempting to enter, it’s been said that home owners should sit tight, be armed, called the police. However, in this situation, the homeowners are being praised for exiting the home to confront the protesters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My limited training leads me to believe that staying inside the home would be a better option, but again... I’m not an expert gunfighter.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

*Protesters* broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeowners’ property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. I’m not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I don’t think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isn’t the greatest idea.

- - - Updated - - -

“Protesters” broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeowners’ property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. I’m not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I don’t think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isn’t the greatest idea.

Hmmmm, I can’t recall the last time I’ve been faced with a bunch of protestors/rioters on my street threatening to kill my wife and dog, so I can’t say for sure how I would act. What is the normal response time for STL PD during riots?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hmmmm, I can’t recall the last time I’ve been faced with a bunch of protestors/rioters on my street threatening to kill my wife and dog, so I can’t say for sure how I would act. What is the normal response time for STL PD during riots?

I have never been faced with that situation. Given how PD’s in areas like St Louis have been responding, I can’t necessarily say when the police would show up. As a police officer, do you believe it was a good idea to exit the home and confront the protesters? I can tell you that I am of the opinion that no amount of property is worth me or my family’s lives. I am not willing to exit my home to defend property. If they enter the home, I’m willing to do what I need to survive.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

That's a little extreme. Nobody suggested he build a sand bagged fighting position. It was suggested he didn't help the situation, and may have escalated the situation, by going outside and yelling at the protesters. It seems he was well within his rights and I'm glad he exercised his rights but I think better decisions could have been made. Unless you are suggesting the homeowner's actions were textbook and this film should be incorporated into training as what to do, then people would benefit from an "After Action Review" that includes some sustains and some improves.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

This AM I told my brother this couple would be made to look like idiot on the news and the guys on the gun forums would be second guessing them to death. This was in response to him telling me there is part of the video not being shown by the news.

Past just being lucky enough to not have problems come to your doorstep I don't think there really are any actions that will be 100% right for the ones being threatened.

Don't get me wrong I can nitpick it too.

I'll ask again:
    "So does any one want to tell me how to handle this one? Or is that a separate thread?"

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This AM I told my brother this couple would be made to look like idiot on the news and the guys on the gun forums would be second guessing them to death. This was in response to him telling me there is part of the video not being shown by the news.

Past just being lucky enough to not have problems come to your doorstep I don't think there really are any actions that will be 100% right for the ones being threatened.

Don't get me wrong I can nitpick it too.

I'll ask again:
    "So does any one want to tell me how to handle this one? Or is that a separate thread?"

I don’t think there is much to discuss. They were lucky not to get hurt.

I’ve seen the gate the protestors smashed to enter the subdivision. I saw the aerial photo of his home, which is massive, and the proximity to the street where protestors were at. I’m sure the confrontation laster much longer than video depicts.

I’m glad they exercised their rights. I’m glad they are alive.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Just maybe staying inside their home might not have been the best option given all of the video we have seen of the rioters setting fire to businesses , etc. So , stay inside while everything you own burns down around you , or go outside and confront the savages ? If all you expect is a gunfight , then stay inside behind cover . But what we have seen lately is looting and burning and being inside was probably the worst thing they could have done .

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The best part of this is the way that a couple of anti-gun libtards had their sense of entitlement threatened by fellow libtards and responded with the very guns they hate in a lame show of farce.
    It was sheer dumb luck that no one was hurt and that these two libtard lawyers are not facing civil litigation. It would have been a disaster if stray .556 rounds would have hit members of the crowd who were simply bystanders.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I don’t think there is much to discuss. They were lucky not to get hurt.

I’ve seen the gate the protestors smashed to enter the subdivision. I saw the aerial photo of his home, which is massive, and the proximity to the street where protestors were at. I’m sure the confrontation laster much longer than video depicts.

I’m glad they exercised their rights. I’m glad they are alive.

My thing with discussing scenarios on the internet is it always devolves into layers keep being added to the scenario.

Protestors seem to be good at presenting a threat while maintaining a non threat stance. They are there to be a threat and to play the victim.

It could be argued that letting the protestors get that close was a tactical mistake, but look where that goes.

I'm still looking for some what to do advice though. You know some "The care and feeding of Protestors" or "Riots for Dummies" type of action.

Has anyone taken a class that remotely addresses any of this? Some 'Rolling Thunder' from a shotgun class?

Y'all don't let this thread get boring and make me go looking on "News from The Chop".

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Exactly!

If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1775......... ?
    If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1914......... ?
    If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1939......... ?
    If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1942......... ?

I’m just stunned this *they* were devout liberal/progessives!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Empty threats are issued every day. If I brandished a firearm every time I was verbally threatened, then I would have been charged with Aggravated Assault multiple times.

Your point might actually be valid in that these two nerds may not be accustomed to confrontations with thugs and probably afraid of the firearms they held in their hands.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If your intent by your post was to provide reasons why the homeowner made a bad social decision by standing out and yelling at the protesters, you've succeeded. If not, I can't figure out what you're saying.

I don’t dislike you, but the more I read your posts; you may not have the meddle I would look for to help me fight tyranny. At some point; and I hope the day never comes, those who will lead and survive will be better served by “they” who are willing to fight, than “those” that sit back and always critique “they” that show some grit to at least try!

Hope you understand “that!”

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just maybe staying inside their home might not have been the best option given all of the video we have seen of the rioters setting fire to businesses , etc. So , stay inside while everything you own burns down around you , or go outside and confront the savages ? If all you expect is a gunfight , then stay inside behind cover . But what we have seen lately is looting and burning and being inside was probably the worst thing they could have done .

Do you feel that standing out in the open yelling at the people who pass by should what is taught as the textbook reaction in situations similar to the one he was in? Is that the method you would choose?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    This article painted a pretty unbiased picture of the situation - https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...cle_bd402520-4f02-5d63-8d07-a38632f28585.html

I honestly don't know how I would have reacted in that situation especially if I had loved ones in the home I feared for. I think I'd only go outside and be threatening if I felt it absolutely necessary to protect those I love. Otherwise, it would just escalate matters, especially when there's so many people out there that have broken in to be on private property. At first I understood the protests but as time goes on and they get crazier and crazier I now feel foolish for thinking it wouldn't escalate to this point.

Some images of the crowd that gathered: https://imgur.com/a/O5foyNW

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Exactly!

If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1775......... ?
    If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1914......... ?
    If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1939......... ?
    If *they* retreated to their houses in the face of death in 1942......... ?

I’m just stunned this *they* were devout liberal/progessives!

Warfare? Ok, he should have loaded the contents of a 420 round can into 14 magazines for a total of 2 USMC combat loads. He would have 2 of the magazine pouches on the front and two on the back holding a total of 12 mags. 1 mag in the rifle and 1 is in the pocket of his flack jacket.
    In case of rain, he must have a poncho in his ALICE pack which will contain MREs, fresh socks and underwear in waterproof bags, foot powder, an entrenching tool for digging in on short notice, and a moleskin for blisters on his feet from a 25 mile hump.
    The first aid kit would be attached to the web belt along with two full canteens with the caps that allow a Marine to drink while wearing an M82 gas mask which would protect him from COVID-19.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don’t dislike you, but the more I read your posts; you may not have the meddle I would look for to help me fight tyranny. At some point; and I hope the day never comes, those who will lead and survive will be better served by *they* who are willing to fight, than *those* that sit back and always critique *they* that show some grit to at least try!

Hope you understand *that!*

Tyranny isn’t going to carjack you.

I found the post humorous.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Warfare? Ok, he should have loaded the contents of a 420 round can into 14 magazines for a total of 2 USMC combat loads. He would have 2 of the magazine pouches on the front and two on the back holding a total of 12 mags. 1 mag in the rifle and 1 is in the pocket of his flack jacket.
    In case of rain, he must have a poncho in his ALICE pack which will contain MREs, fresh socks and underwear in waterproof bags, foot powder, an entrenching tool for digging in on short notice, and a moleskin for blisters on his feet from a 25 mile hump.
    The first aid kit would be attached to the web belt along with two full canteens with the caps that allow a Marine to drink while wearing an M82 gas mask which would protect him from COVID-19.

Don’t be obtuse.

I am talking about their resolve to stand against this so called *peaceful* horse ****, that has caused innocent people to be murdered!

I salute them for at least *appearing* to *try* to *defend* thenselves!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom