These people are Lawyers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Tyranny isn’t going to carjack you.

I found the post humorous.

I am fully aware of the differences. As always, thanks for the superlative self absorbed commentary!

Maybe we can replace the Grant statue these genius’ tore down with a bust of your ego!

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t dislike you, but the more I read your posts; you may not have the meddle I would look for to help me fight tyranny. At some point; and I hope the day never comes, those who will lead and survive will be better served by *they* who are willing to fight, than *those* that sit back and always critique *they* that show some grit to at least try!

Hope you understand *that!*

It's a good thing I'm not worried about measuring up to your standards or I'd be disappointed. But to be honest, I'm not just not disappointed, I'm also somewhat relieved. You train to shoot blindly. I would suggest I would be safer if I fought tyranny with someone else.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It's a good thing I'm not worried about measuring up to your standards or I'd be disappointed. But to be honest, I'm not just not disappointed, I'm also somewhat relieved. You train to shoot blindly. I would suggest I would be safer if I fought tyranny with someone else.

While I am sure we would be on the same team; I am as sure I would be in the starting lineup!

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    While I will agree there was much wrong with the specifics on how they reacted, the people saying they should have gone inside and locked the door don't understand much about defensive fighting.
    There are decades of text on the matter and some of us here spent hours upon hours building defensive fighting positions. In all of those hours and all of that text, the consensus is that they are indefensible.
    Never confine yourself, limiting your options of movement, if you're going to be in a fight. End of story, case closed. (Don't back yourself in corner mentality)
    You don't stay in your car during a gunfight, much the same as you don't stay in your home during a siege or assault.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Forgive me for boiling down MTregre's post, but I think what he is saying (through my Army lens) is simply "the best defense is a good offense" and I agree fully with that.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Thats right! Using the load out I described in an earlier post, he could have low crawled into position along the brush outside the house and started shooting. He would quickly relocate after the first few shots to another position of concealment that would allow him to engage the mob in their direction of flight. He would continue changing positions in an effort to confuse the mob and convince them that there are multiple shooters. He would not need most of the 420 rounds because most of the opposing force would flee.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    While I will agree there was much wrong with the specifics on how they reacted, the people saying they should have gone inside and locked the door don't understand much about defensive fighting.
    There are decades of text on the matter and some of us here spent hours upon hours building defensive fighting positions. In all of those hours and all of that text, the consensus is that they are indefensible.
    Never confine yourself, limiting your options of movement, if you're going to be in a fight. End of story, case closed. (Don't back yourself in corner mentality)
    You don't stay in your car during a gunfight, much the same as you don't stay in your home during a siege or assault.

So if I may - what you are saying is being under siege doesn't work out and has not for hundreds of years.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am fully aware of the differences. As always, thanks for the superlative self absorbed commentary!

Maybe we can replace the Grant statue these genius’ tore down with a bust of your ego!

You’re opinion doesn’t change that I found Perez’s post to be quite funny.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    The mob crashed its way through a private gate in a private community! Once inside and on this guys lawn, they threatened to kill him and his wife, and their dog.

Those of you that think retreating to the house was the best choice, don't understand what is going on with these mobs. How much retreat is enough?

As it stand right now, if you are walking along in a park, to the store, in a parking lot, etc; and some stranger walks up to you and tells you to give him your money or he is going to kill you; and you don't legitimately fear for your life; stop the bravado! You are full of ****!

Americans should be rallying around this guy, not Monday morning quarterbacking about how he was reckless with his weapon during a clear defense of his life and property!

BTW: I personally know someone who was robbed at gunpoint over 20 years ago, and still hasn't gotten over it!

This is my thoughts as well. The Pro2A community has stop criticizing this guy and all have to see the big picture here. Gun ownership and the basic right to defend one’s own life/family/etc no matter what your training, background, race.
    We all k ow what the result would have been had they not been armed with firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Unrelated to the lawyers but here's another video that will likely be put on the news to make gun owners look bad

https://www.facebook.com/takelia.hill/posts/10157540820802711

https://twitter.com/makaysmith10/status/1278490110368120838

ButterflyMakay @makaysmith10 3h
    This happened today in Auburn Hills,MI
    Another Karen ..

ButterflyMakay @makaysmith10 2h
    Update ! She has been arrested but that’s not enough !

ButterflyMakay @makaysmith10 42m
    Update!!!!! They were let go !!! The police just took the guns away !!! Ridiculous!!!! They said they couldn’t arrest her because my niece mother hit there car (with her hand ) to stop them from hitting my niece!!! Justice needs to be served! This is white privilege

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have no doubt that if I am ever involved in a shooting among other aspects of the aftermath I would have gun owners on forums picking it apart and even claiming it was a bad shoot.

I am looking for some of you that have all the training and knowledge to give advice on how to handle this specific instance the couple were faced with.

OR: Is this just a situation you can't give say what to do, but criticize what was done?

Any advice on what I should be carrying daily in my vehicle, assuming I have a place to keep it and not just leave it in my car?
    Choice of weapon?
    How much ammo?

I have my opinions, but I'm not the expert here. Seriously, I am asking you guys to share that knowledge.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Warfare? Ok, he should have loaded the contents of a 420 round can into 14 magazines for a total of 2 USMC combat loads. He would have 2 of the magazine pouches on the front and two on the back holding a total of 12 mags. 1 mag in the rifle and 1 is in the pocket of his flack jacket.
    In case of rain, he must have a poncho in his ALICE pack which will contain MREs, fresh socks and underwear in waterproof bags, foot powder, an entrenching tool for digging in on short notice, and a moleskin for blisters on his feet from a 25 mile hump.
    The first aid kit would be attached to the web belt along with two full canteens with the caps that allow a Marine to drink while wearing an M82 gas mask which would protect him from COVID-19.

Ahhhh, . . . Marines, . . . :rolleyes:

Any Soldier would tell you that this is a scenario for the Engineers.

A sapper would've used his equipment to dig a fighting position. Placed Claymores in front of his position, facing the enemy, preferably. Some bouncing Betty M16 mines would have made a nice addition, buried in the lawn. (Be sure to provide the lawn care guy with a map).

I have no doubt that if I am ever involved in a shooting among other aspects of the aftermath I would have gun owners on forums picking it apart and even claiming it was a bad shoot.

I am looking for some of you that have all the training and knowledge to give advice on how to handle this specific instance the couple were faced with.

OR: Is this just a situation you can't give say what to do, but criticize what was done?

Any advice on what I should be carrying daily in my vehicle, assuming I have a place to keep it and not just leave it in my car?
    Choice of weapon?
    How much ammo?

I have my opinions, but I'm not the expert here. Seriously, I am asking you guys to share that knowledge.

My thoughts.

I cringed when I saw the way she handled that pistol. A Walther, I'm thinking. Possibly a Bersa clone, but at their income level I'm assuming they equated price with quality.

His handling of the AR was somewhat better. He at least exhibited booger hook discipline.

I think she should have stayed inside, with her .380, and been prepared to render aid to her husband should he be overrun.

He should have stood silent guard, at parade rest. No reacting to the crowd, unless they advance. A bayonet would have been a nice intimidating addition to his AR.

Shouting matches are pointless. They're not going to convince anyone to go home. Just stand your ground, and be prepared for the worst.

I get why they wanted to maintain a boundary between the protestors and their home. I just think they could have been more effective, and less menacing had they done things a bit differently. This, of course, is an example of 2020 hindsight.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You guys knock yourselves out after actioning that one event.

I want to after action the weeks, months and years leading up to it.

They live in a private community which seems to be pretty high profile and the security team is inept or nonexistent. They live up a private drive from the mayor of St. Louis among what appears to be the elite of St. Louis, in a time of major civil unrest and no one bothered to make a few calls and split the cost of a legit protection detail?

Why pick a place so high profile and so un-defendable? They clearly have the money to insulate themselves from the peasants who want their heads, but they likely thought their money and status made them untouchable.

Additionally if reports are true the guy's political stances have done nothing but make things worse for him, his city and our nation. His professional choices I would wager did the same as well. There are reports he took cases sometimes pro-bono going after cops and defending dirtbags. Thats right bud if you lay down with dogs sometimes you get flees.

Again all that money and your only defense appears to be an a2 and a walther? How about a pack of fur missles? Maybe a safe room with a control console for some PTZ's, a PA, alarm system, fire suppression, etc? Hell if your neighbors don't agree to having some private security to defend the neighborhood hire your own.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You guys knock yourselves out after actioning that one event.

I want to after action the weeks, months and years leading up to it.

They live in a private community which seems to be pretty high profile and the security team is inept or nonexistent. They live up a private drive from the mayor of St. Louis among what appears to be the elite of St. Louis, in a time of major civil unrest and no one bothered to make a few calls and split the cost of a legit protection detail?

Why pick a place so high profile and so un-defendable? They clearly have the money to insulate themselves from the peasants who want their heads, but they likely thought their money and status made them untouchable.

Additionally if reports are true the guy's political stances have done nothing but make things worse for him, his city and our nation. His professional choices I would wager did the same as well. There are reports he took cases sometimes pro-bono going after cops and defending dirtbags. Thats right bud

Again all that money and your only defense appears to be an a2 and a walther? How about a pack of fur missles? Maybe a safe room with a control console for some PTZ's, a PA, alarm system, fire suppression, etc? Hell if your neighbors don't agree to having some private security to defend the neighborhood hire your own.

We can do both. They're not mutually exclusive. I would imagine they thought their money would buy them protection through the gated community and private security.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    We can do both. They're not mutually exclusive. I would imagine they thought their money would buy them protection through the gated community and private security.

Sure I’m just not interested in picking apart there reactions to $hitty circumstances. It just feels like going after their tactics is reminiscent to making fun of the mentally deficient.

Heres what I assume to be a well educated guy (he’s an attorney after all) and he thought a glorified gate operator was sufficient to ‘protect’ his community from the roving hoards that have plagued St Louis? That’s my problem with his security plan in a nut sack. ;)

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Do you feel that standing out in the open yelling at the people who pass by should what is taught as the textbook reaction in situations similar to the one he was in? Is that the method you would choose?

It's not the ideal method obviously , but it seemed to work this time . There is no doubt in my mind that if they had cowered behind the curtains peeking out the windows , things would have probably gone a lot worse for them . That being said , what would YOUR response had been to these savages ? Educate us .

Top Bottom