Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 323MAR View Post
    Yes, training is a civic duty if one has firearms for home or self defense. If they had taken a personal protection course or perhaps read enough gun publications, then they would have known better than to make a spectacle of themselves on their front lawn.
    I do find it comical that a couple of lawyers who appear older than myself, a Marine Corps veteran, don’t know their transverse colons from from holes on the deck.
    I don’t disagree, I’m just preparing for the onslaught of people shouting that they don’t need training.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    If he believed the threats were real, he was only making himself an easy target by standing out there yelling at passerbys. There were too many protesters spread out for him to cover them all from his exposed position.

I think I'm going to talk our firearms instructors into adding the Patricia stance to the training curriculum.
    I get that! He was an easy target. But he was probably shitting his pants and in total disbelief that 1) It was happening to him in the first place; 2) Most of his neighbors had left because of the nearby protests from day/weeks before; 3) He called the community security and they weren't coming; 4) He called the real police and they weren't coming; 5) They were shouting they were going to kill both of them, TO THEM! 6) They threatened to kill their dog if he was let loose on them.

I suppose there were other factors that were running through his head other than; am I standing and holding this rifle correctly? Should I take up a defensive position? Where is the best cover?

He probably never even shot that rifle in his life. Another liberal douche (and he is), who bought a gun despite the mantra from phony douche liberals; "People shouldn't have guns!"
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I suppose there were other factors that were running through his head other than; am I standing and holding this rifle correctly? Should I take up a defensive position? Where is the best cover?
    I have no doubt that the most important factors never crossed his mind. That's why training is important. Real training and not that "run away while shooting blindly behind you" DVD/internet training. It's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. Wait, since nobody has yelled it yet...It's not mandated so YOU DON'T NEED TRAINING to exercise your rights. But a responsible gun owner should want to get training. It would be like walking into a voting booth without knowing anything about the candidates.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It appears most people do walk into voting booths without knowing anything about the candidates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Disregarding bad firearms handling and tactics, this was an excellent example of how the 2nd amendment was intended to work.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

I have no doubt that the most important factors never crossed his mind. That's why training is important. Real training and not that "run away while shooting blindly behind you" DVD/internet training. It's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. Wait, since nobody has yelled it yet...It's not mandated so YOU DON'T NEED TRAINING to exercise your rights. But a responsible gun owner should want to get training. It would be like walking into a voting booth without knowing anything about the candidates.
    Now, I didn't start this thread, but if you want the grits and gravy of this particular incident; it ain't training! In fact; considering that this guy is being openly villified as a racist, bigot, and white supremacist by the NY Times, the Washington Post, and a litany of other corrupt and phony news media organizations, and the DA of the county where they live openly said she would try to prosecute them if she could, and the worthless scum on social media posted his address so he could be harassed; I would say that if you are a gun owner, you'd be better served if you were wondering why these people are the "bad guys" in this so-called free country with all its Constitutional guarantees, and what you could do about it!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

i have no doubt that the most important factors never crossed his mind. That's why training is important. Real training and not that "run away while shooting blindly behind you" dvd/internet training. It's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. Wait, since nobody has yelled it yet...it's not mandated so you don't need training to exercise your rights. But a responsible gun owner should want to get training. It would be like walking into a voting booth without knowing anything about the candidates.
    *it dun’t say nowere in the constitution bout trainin*

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    It appears most people do walk into voting booths without knowing anything about the candidates
    Yep...and it's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by buttanic View Post
    Disregarding bad firearms handling and tactics, this was an excellent example of how the 2nd amendment was intended to work.
    I agree.

Now, I didn't start this thread, but if you want the grits and gravy of this particular incident; it ain't training! In fact; considering that this guy is being openly villified as a racist, bigot, and white supremacist by the NY Times, the Washington Post, and a litany of other corrupt and phony news media organizations, and the DA of the county where they live openly said she would try to prosecute them if she could, and the worthless scum on social media posted his address so he could be harassed; I would say that if you are a gun owner, you'd be better served if you were wondering why these people are the "bad guys" in this so-called free country with all its Constitutional guarantees, and what you could do about it!
    If your intent by your post was to provide reasons why the homeowner made a bad social decision by standing out and yelling at the protesters, you've succeeded. If not, I can't figure out what you're saying.

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

The mob crashed its way through a private gate in a private community! Once inside and on this guys lawn, they threatened to kill him and his wife, and their dog.

Those of you that think retreating to the house was the best choice, don't understand what is going on with these mobs. How much retreat is enough?

As it stand right now, if you are walking along in a park, to the store, in a parking lot, etc; and some stranger walks up to you and tells you to give him your money or he is going to kill you; and you don't legitimately fear for your life; stop the bravado! You are full of shit!

Americans should be rallying around this guy, not Monday morning quarterbacking about how he was reckless with his weapon during a clear defense of his life and property!

BTW: I personally know someone who was robbed at gunpoint over 20 years ago, and still hasn't gotten over it!
    Exactly, stand your ground. They want us to cower in our houses. Homeowners and business owners need to do this more to make them understand we have had enough. When they fear their victim they will stop.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    Exactly, stand your ground. They want us to cower in our houses. Homeowners and business owners need to do this more to make them understand we have had enough. When they fear their victim they will stop.
    No one is asking that you cower in your home. I think some of the more logically thinking individuals here understand the advantages of being inside the home rather than parading around on the front porch.