Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast
    ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    Exactly, stand your ground. They want us to cower in our houses. Homeowners and business owners need to do this more to make them understand we have had enough. When they fear their victim they will stop.
    I'm not sure who "they" are but some people are suggesting there are more tactically sound decisions that would increase the chances of staying alive.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Good ole BS, full of experts and googlefu masters. These people were doing the best they could in the situation they were put in unwillingly. You would think instead of critiquing them with all of this expertise from serious gunfighters on the forum yíall would be happy to see a few new gun owners as a good thing. I donít know the whole story and Iím sure there is 2 sides but Iím sure they will get charged if there was even a microscopic size violation of the law. Maybe one day we will see some of you on the news in your plate carriers and war belts behind the sand bagged defensive fighting position you have built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

So does any one want to tell me how to handle this one? Or is that a separate thread?

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Good ole BS, full of experts and googlefu masters. These people were doing the best they could in the situation they were put in unwillingly. You would think instead of critiquing them with all of this expertise from serious gunfighters on the forum y’all would be happy to see a few new gun owners as a good thing. I don’t know the whole story and I’m sure there is 2 sides but I’m sure they will get charged if there was even a microscopic size violation of the law. Maybe one day we will see some of you on the news in your plate carriers and war belts behind the sand bagged defensive fighting position you have built.

Missouri allows one to defend property, unlike Louisiana.

*Protesters* broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeowners’ property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. I’m not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I don’t think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isn’t the greatest idea.

BS is full of differing opinions.

When the situation is that a home intruder or someone on your property is attempting to enter, it’s been said that home owners should sit tight, be armed, called the police. However, in this situation, the homeowners are being praised for exiting the home to confront the protesters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My limited training leads me to believe that staying inside the home would be a better option, but again... I’m not an expert gunfighter.

- - - Updated - - -

Good ole BS, full of experts and googlefu masters. These people were doing the best they could in the situation they were put in unwillingly. You would think instead of critiquing them with all of this expertise from serious gunfighters on the forum yíall would be happy to see a few new gun owners as a good thing. I donít know the whole story and Iím sure there is 2 sides but Iím sure they will get charged if there was even a microscopic size violation of the law. Maybe one day we will see some of you on the news in your plate carriers and war belts behind the sand bagged defensive fighting position you have built.

ďProtestersĒ broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeownersí property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. Iím not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I donít think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isnít the greatest idea.

When the situation is that a home intruder or someone on your property is attempting to enter, itís been said that home owners should sit tight, be armed, called the police. However, in this situation, the homeowners are being praised for exiting the home to confront the protesters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My limited training leads me to believe that staying inside the home would be a better option, but again... Iím not an expert gunfighter.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post

*Protesters* broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeownersí property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. Iím not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I donít think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isnít the greatest idea.

When the situation is that a home intruder or someone on your property is attempting to enter, itís been said that home owners should sit tight, be armed, called the police. However, in this situation, the homeowners are being praised for exiting the home to confront the protesters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My limited training leads me to believe that staying inside the home would be a better option, but again... Iím not an expert gunfighter.

- - - Updated - - -

ďProtestersĒ broke through a gate into a private subdivision. They were making threats to the homeowners when they came outside brandishing firearms. No laws were broken. None of the homeownersí property was damaged. Was it because they were standing on the porch with firearms? Maybe. Iím not sure it was entirely wise for two individuals to confront dozens of individuals that may or may not also have weapons. I donít think it takes a Google Fu Gunfighter to think taking on an angry mob isnít the greatest idea.

Hmmmm, I canít recall the last time Iíve been faced with a bunch of protestors/rioters on my street threatening to kill my wife and dog, so I canít say for sure how I would act. What is the normal response time for STL PD during riots?

Censored by "them"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Hmmmm, I can’t recall the last time I’ve been faced with a bunch of protestors/rioters on my street threatening to kill my wife and dog, so I can’t say for sure how I would act. What is the normal response time for STL PD during riots?

I have never been faced with that situation. Given how PD’s in areas like St Louis have been responding, I can’t necessarily say when the police would show up. As a police officer, do you believe it was a good idea to exit the home and confront the protesters? I can tell you that I am of the opinion that no amount of property is worth me or my family’s lives. I am not willing to exit my home to defend property. If they enter the home, I’m willing to do what I need to survive.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Good ole BS, full of experts and googlefu masters. These people were doing the best they could in the situation they were put in unwillingly. You would think instead of critiquing them with all of this expertise from serious gunfighters on the forum y’all would be happy to see a few new gun owners as a good thing. I don’t know the whole story and I’m sure there is 2 sides but I’m sure they will get charged if there was even a microscopic size violation of the law. Maybe one day we will see some of you on the news in your plate carriers and war belts behind the sand bagged defensive fighting position you have built.
    That's a little extreme. Nobody suggested he build a sand bagged fighting position. It was suggested he didn't help the situation, and may have escalated the situation, by going outside and yelling at the protesters. It seems he was well within his rights and I'm glad he exercised his rights but I think better decisions could have been made. Unless you are suggesting the homeowner's actions were textbook and this film should be incorporated into training as what to do, then people would benefit from an "After Action Review" that includes some sustains and some improves.

Marksman

User Info Menu

This AM I told my brother this couple would be made to look like idiot on the news and the guys on the gun forums would be second guessing them to death. This was in response to him telling me there is part of the video not being shown by the news.

Past just being lucky enough to not have problems come to your doorstep I don't think there really are any actions that will be 100% right for the ones being threatened.

Don't get me wrong I can nitpick it too.

I'll ask again:
    "So does any one want to tell me how to handle this one? Or is that a separate thread?"

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Request Dust Off View Post
    This AM I told my brother this couple would be made to look like idiot on the news and the guys on the gun forums would be second guessing them to death. This was in response to him telling me there is part of the video not being shown by the news.

Past just being lucky enough to not have problems come to your doorstep I don't think there really are any actions that will be 100% right for the ones being threatened.

Don't get me wrong I can nitpick it too.

I'll ask again:
    "So does any one want to tell me how to handle this one? Or is that a separate thread?"
    I don’t think there is much to discuss. They were lucky not to get hurt.

I’ve seen the gate the protestors smashed to enter the subdivision. I saw the aerial photo of his home, which is massive, and the proximity to the street where protestors were at. I’m sure the confrontation laster much longer than video depicts.

I’m glad they exercised their rights. I’m glad they are alive.

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Just maybe staying inside their home might not have been the best option given all of the video we have seen of the rioters setting fire to businesses , etc. So , stay inside while everything you own burns down around you , or go outside and confront the savages ? If all you expect is a gunfight , then stay inside behind cover . But what we have seen lately is looting and burning and being inside was probably the worst thing they could have done .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .