Reloading cooperative

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • landmancpl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Carencro
    I'm new to reloading and this forum. Does anyone know of reloading cooperatives in Lafayette, Alexandria or Baton Rouge? If none exist would anyone be interested in forming one?
    My idea is to allow a group to buy powder, primers and commonly used bullets in larger quantities and bring down the cost of same.

Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Steve

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I don't know of any but will subscribe to this thread to see if anything comes of it. I don't reload now but once I get the shop built I might start testing the waters and doing group buys would be nice and having some experienced reloaders to learn from around would definitely be a plus.

landmancpl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Carencro
    Thanks Marksman...

Here's a practical example of how we could save:

I am looking into buying an 8 lb jug of Alliant 2400.... appx. cost $190 / 8 = appx. $24/ lb. regularly about $29/lb plus tax...
    Bottom line I can't find it locally and all I need is 1 to 3 lbs., would like someone to join in to take the other 5 or 6 pounds.

This could work very easily if we had a group to work with.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    On other sites I have joined in "group buys" not sure how they are set up and run but I ordered a large quantity gas checks on one and a supply of primers on another...
    volume buying got a good price.
    Gary

landmancpl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Carencro
    GWPERCLE, What other sites allow for group buys? If that sort of thing already exists sounds like exactly what is needed. Let me know. Thanks, Steve

landmancpl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Carencro
    Shout out to all interested in a Lafayette area Ammo co-op. I'm likely going to order some Small rifle primers and some projectiles and brass. If anyone is interested in getting together for an order let me know and we can perhaps work out a grocery list of what each might like. The objective is saving Haz Mat and shipping fees while getting the best prices we can find on Ammoseek or similar sites. I will check back on this site for the next week or so to see if there is any interest.

olstinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    I'm in. I saw that you posted this on the faceyspace bayou reloading group but it seems the admin has let the fake profile scammers overrun it.

landmancpl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Carencro
    I would be interested, but this looks to be a 2 year thread.
    Correct. If I can find a local store owner to be the gathering point I will try to get a message back and let everyone join in on an initial purchase. My chief goal is to be able to buy primers and powder without incurring the excessive HazMat fees. Maybe we can also talk the store owner into a discount for group members on his other goods. Might be best to then go to some sort of email list. But we will need to vet all parties involved.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I recall someone doing this back years ago maybe around the 2008 time frame when there was a big run on reloading components. seems i recall it went pretty badly and a bunch of people lost a decent chunk of money. the individual organizing it was in a touch spot. this is all based on memory but if i recall correct the organizer took everyones funds and made a large order. the vendor they ordered from ended up shafting them and organizer got stuck holding the bag trying to pay everyone back. just saying this to say be careful with who you choose to buy from.

landmancpl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2019
    Carencro
    I recall someone doing this back years ago maybe around the 2008 time frame when there was a big run on reloading components. seems i recall it went pretty badly and a bunch of people lost a decent chunk of money. the individual organizing it was in a touch spot. this is all based on memory but if i recall correct the organizer took everyones funds and made a large order. the vendor they ordered from ended up shafting them and organizer got stuck holding the bag trying to pay everyone back. just saying this to say be careful with who you choose to buy from.
    Roger that, I can see that as a possibility. It's ashamed that a handshake doesn't mean what it used to. Society has lost its Godly formation and is circling the drain.

olstinker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Correct. If I can find a local store owner to be the gathering point I will try to get a message back and let everyone join in on an initial purchase. My chief goal is to be able to buy primers and powder without incurring the excessive HazMat fees. Maybe we can also talk the store owner into a discount for group members on his other goods. Might be best to then go to some sort of email list. But we will need to vet all parties involved.
    8 lb. jugs divided up would be great. I alsoin pick up supplies in Texas so if I know what everyone needs in advance I can look for it

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    My thoughts:

If there's the slightest chance for it to turn into a CF it's going to turn into a CF.

I get everything I can locally. There's a local store dedicated to reloading. I try to support local merchants, and if I need to run over and grab something really quick I can do that. I don't like to wait. It's also a source of good advice.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My thoughts:

If there's the slightest chance for it to turn into a CF it's going to turn into a CF.

I get everything I can locally. There's a local store dedicated to reloading. I try to support local merchants, and if I need to run over and grab something really quick I can do that. I don't like to wait. It's also a source of good advice.
    Cool. Do they have primers?

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    I remember that as well. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, especially the internet based "group buy" road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom