Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    Moving forward

User Info Menu

When you think of Louisiana - what do you think of?

Iím working on a project and Iím trying to decide what I want to capture as the essence of La. from a Cajun kinda perspective to be an ornate subtle part of the project. It wonít serve as a functional part of the project, but when you see it on the project youíll think of La.

Iíve got state bird, flower etc to start with and work off of but Iím looking for something maybe I hadnít thought of.
    This would be captured as an image of some sort and would be a simple design/drawing. Like an alligator or crawfish as a silhouetted image for example..

No I wont say what the project is. But I will post pics later this year or early next.

Please keep it non political. Pretty please.

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

From a native's perspective or a tourist's? Like you're looking for gumbo, alligators, and the rougarou or personal "what does Louisiana mean to me" type of stuff?

If the latter, then the first thing I always think of when I'm away and homesick is fishing in the Louisiana marsh. Second thing would probably be wondering about a citrus farm.

Moving forward

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    From a native's perspective or a tourist's? Like you're looking for gumbo, alligators, and the rougarou or personal "what does Louisiana mean to me" type of stuff?

If the latter, then the first thing I always think of when I'm away and homesick is fishing in the Louisiana marsh. Second thing would probably be wondering about a citrus farm.
    It could be from anyone’s perspective. But when you would see the image it would make you think of La or that the product was a La product.

I had thought about the waters of La or the bayou with cypress knees in it.

That’s interesting about the citrus farm. What about a citrus farm would make you think La?

We are the hammer

User Info Menu

Just childhood memories I guess. Relatives owned some land in Plaquemine Parish and had quite a few rows of orange trees. Not sure the type of oranges.

Good luck on the project Hope to see the artwork when you're ready to share it.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
    It could be from anyone’s perspective. But when you would see the image it would make you think of La or that the product was a La product.

I had thought about the waters of La or the bayou with cypress knees in it.

That’s interesting about the citrus farm. What about a citrus farm would make you think La?
    Crawfish.

People see alligators and they may think Florida.
    People see shrimp boots and might think Mississippi.
    People see Mardi Gras and only think New Orleans.

Most people in Louisiana eat crawfish. No one associates Mississippi or Texas with crawfish.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

For me, it's crawfish, zydeco, jambalaya and the Saints.

Marksman

User Info Menu

For me it's a cool summer breeze, litter free hwy's, clean air, great public schools and honest politicians. Then I wake up.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don't know how to present it in an image. It struck me pretty early (1972 or so) in life that cajuns, even though might be regarded as uneducated, it didn't mean they were not smart.
    Humor and hospitality are kind of a staple here too.

Moving forward

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmiculek View Post
    For me it's a cool summer breeze, litter free hwy's, clean air, great public schools and honest politicians. Then I wake up.
    I see you dream in antonyms.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Cypress trees(knees sticking up from the water)with moss hanging and the sun setting in the background with an egret standing in shallow water or a pelican flying past.
    Shrimp boats heading outing with net down with sun setting or rising in the background. As for citrus in pictures I'd go with satsumas. Cannot forget beautiful fresh, live shrimp just spilled on deck from a trawl net.

Do we win a prize???? Lol....
    "Good food is like good lovin'!"