When you think of Louisiana - what do you think of?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I’m working on a project and I’m trying to decide what I want to capture as the essence of La. from a Cajun kinda perspective to be an ornate subtle part of the project. It won’t serve as a functional part of the project, but when you see it on the project you’ll think of La.

I’ve got state bird, flower etc to start with and work off of but I’m looking for something maybe I hadn’t thought of.
    This would be captured as an image of some sort and would be a simple design/drawing. Like an alligator or crawfish as a silhouetted image for example..

No I wont say what the project is. But I will post pics later this year or early next.

Please keep it non political. Pretty please.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    From a native's perspective or a tourist's? Like you're looking for gumbo, alligators, and the rougarou or personal "what does Louisiana mean to me" type of stuff?

If the latter, then the first thing I always think of when I'm away and homesick is fishing in the Louisiana marsh. Second thing would probably be wondering about a citrus farm.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    From a native's perspective or a tourist's? Like you're looking for gumbo, alligators, and the rougarou or personal "what does Louisiana mean to me" type of stuff?

If the latter, then the first thing I always think of when I'm away and homesick is fishing in the Louisiana marsh. Second thing would probably be wondering about a citrus farm.

It could be from anyone’s perspective. But when you would see the image it would make you think of La or that the product was a La product.

I had thought about the waters of La or the bayou with cypress knees in it.

That’s interesting about the citrus farm. What about a citrus farm would make you think La?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Just childhood memories I guess. Relatives owned some land in Plaquemine Parish and had quite a few rows of orange trees. Not sure the type of oranges.

Good luck on the project :) Hope to see the artwork when you're ready to share it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It could be from anyone’s perspective. But when you would see the image it would make you think of La or that the product was a La product.

I had thought about the waters of La or the bayou with cypress knees in it.

That’s interesting about the citrus farm. What about a citrus farm would make you think La?

Crawfish.

People see alligators and they may think Florida.
    People see shrimp boots and might think Mississippi.
    People see Mardi Gras and only think New Orleans.

Most people in Louisiana eat crawfish. No one associates Mississippi or Texas with crawfish.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    For me it's a cool summer breeze, litter free hwy's, clean air, great public schools and honest politicians. Then I wake up.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I don't know how to present it in an image. It struck me pretty early (1972 or so) in life that cajuns, even though might be regarded as uneducated, it didn't mean they were not smart.
    Humor and hospitality are kind of a staple here too.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Cypress trees(knees sticking up from the water)with moss hanging and the sun setting in the background with an egret standing in shallow water or a pelican flying past.
    Shrimp boats heading outing with net down with sun setting or rising in the background. As for citrus in pictures I'd go with satsumas. Cannot forget beautiful fresh, live shrimp just spilled on deck from a trawl net.

Do we win a prize???? Lol....

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Crawfish.

People see alligators and they may think Florida.
    People see shrimp boots and might think Mississippi.
    People see Mardi Gras and only think New Orleans.

Most people in Louisiana eat crawfish. No one associates Mississippi or Texas with crawfish.

I can’t disagree with that. And I keep coming back to the crawfish but trying to see what else people might associate with something they see and say - thats from La.

A La pelican or upper portion of it, is currently my alternate to the crawfish.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Cypress trees(knees sticking up from the water)with moss hanging and the sun setting in the background with an egret standing in shallow water or a pelican flying past.

Yes I can see it in my mind. Got many many of days with that in view. And it’s peaceful to reflect back on.

Do we win a prize???? Lol....

Penny for your thoughts...?

Dboymboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Harvey LA
    French quarter, jazz, fishing, hunting, swamps/ marsh, drinking , bourbon street, crawfish, cajun food, seafood, historical sites,
    Hospitality, goofy people

As for what I dont like. Heat humidity, stench, mosquitoes

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know this is not what you want; but when I think of this place, all I see is how dirty this place is. You can't drive 5 feet in any city or town, or along any stretch of highway and not see litter everywhere. Take a boat into some of the swamps and marshes, and you'll see plastic bottles and other flotsam and jetsam floating in what was once pristine environments.

This state has so much to offer, and all we have is a culture of littering douchebags that makes us all look trashy to people from other places.

I see a garbage can when I think about Louisiana! :wtc:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I know this is not what you want; but when I think of this place, all I see is how dirty this place is. You can't drive 5 feet in any city or town, or along any stretch of highway and not see litter everywhere. Take a boat into some of the swamps and marshes, and you'll see plastic bottles and other flotsam and jetsam floating in what was once pristine environments.

This state has so much to offer, and all we have is a culture of littering douchebags that makes us all look trashy to people from other places.

I see a garbage can when I think about Louisiana! :wtc:

What are you doing to change that?

Top Bottom