When you think of Louisiana - what do you think of?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Whenever I go fishing I pick up trash thats around me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

As do I. I'm not here to be anyone's maid, but complaining about something without doing anything to prevent it is a bit hypocritical.

It's also becoming more common for hiking trails to have trash bins where thru hikers can help clean the trails.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Besides the food, fishing, etc., it's the festivals.....think about the fact that every region of the state has a festival for something pertinent to that area.

Dboymboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Harvey LA
    As do I. I'm not here to be anyone's maid, but complaining about something without doing anything to prevent it is a bit hypocritical.

It's also becoming more common for hiking trails to have trash bins where thru hikers can help clean the trails.
    Yup don't like it when people just dump trash when they take from the waters or anywhere else.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yup don't like it when people just dump trash when they take from the waters or anywhere else.

Speaking of which, there is a special place in hell for all the lazy white girls that put their empty Starbucks cup on the shelf of whatever random aisle they were on when they finished it.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I picked up a couple more good ideas from here.

It’ll be tough to condense them into a simple catch all image. But it’s part of the game I suppose.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    I know this is not what you want; but when I think of this place, all I see is how dirty this place is. You can't drive 5 feet in any city or town, or along any stretch of highway and not see litter everywhere. Take a boat into some of the swamps and marshes, and you'll see plastic bottles and other flotsam and jetsam floating in what was once pristine environments.

This state has so much to offer, and all we have is a culture of littering douchebags that makes us all look trashy to people from other places.

I see a garbage can when I think about Louisiana! :wtc:

I feel ya on that but I went downtown while shut down was in place and totally impressed at how great the city and quarter looked. All the lights were on and it was damn clean y'all!! Imagine that. Of course thte addition of people/humans to the formula equates to what you are saying. Either way it was a good look from a different, way different view.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I guess it depends on if your a glass half empty or half full kind of person.

Half full: Great food, great values, great history, great culture, it’s home and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Half empty: mosquitoes wait that’s not quite right let me try again. MOSQUITOES that’s better, being moist as soon as you leave the house, hurricanes, some of the highest auto insurance rates in the country, Orleans Parish (sorry the rest of the state isn’t impressed) and rude drivers.

This was meant to be light hearted and a gentle ribbing,

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I miss family & the food when I'm gone. If it a setting your looking for, a family eating crawfish on the bayou. Cypress & egrets in the back ground too. That sence has been in commercials since the 70s. I guess that's why it comes to mind.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    big_freedia_courtesy_left.jpg

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Frog Legs. When I travel through LA I always find a bayou town to stop in and order some frog legs and gumbo.

Top Bottom