Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

How to attach a single point sling to a AR with fixed rifle stock.

As the title suggests I'm looking to attach a sling to my AR but I have a fixed rifle stock on it. I know this is not the most ideal setup but due to the chaos in the world today I want to have that option.i ordered a sling attachment ring and tried to install it but it won't work with a rifle stock. The ring spaces the buffer tube back too far to retain the buffer retaining pin. I want to attach the sling somewhere around this area on my rifle , any ideas?? And no I don't want to use a 2 point sling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15938797597863578582943310127965.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	96773  
    God Bless the USA!!
    If guns are outlawed then only outlaws will have guns!!
    Support your 2nd Amendment rights, buy plenty of guns and ammo while you can!

I'm NOT the award winning AK guru we all love and adore, I'm just plain ole Bam Bam, maybe #2 Bam Bam, but definitely not #1bambam!

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Most A2 rifle stocks are designed to be used without an end plate.

You would have to do some serious modifications to an A2 stock in order for it to work. The end plate you have shown in the photo will not work for multiple reasons, but one is that it has the key to align a carbine receiver extension and prevent rotation. There ARE A2 sling plate adapters, but I have not personally used one. You may be able to modify the end plate by removing the key, but it would depend how your A2 stock fits into the pocket on the back of the plate.

A2 sling plate adapters don't have the key due to the rifle receiver extension not requiring it. I suggest ditching the end plate you have, because it is designed for carbine receiver extensions. A2 specific sling plates also have a raised portion to align with the A2 stock.

Last edited by DAVE_M; July 4th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Last edited by DAVE_M; July 4th, 2020 at 10:55 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

make sure you get a cup, too. Single point slings will bang you in the junk.

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the info. I realized quickly that the sling adapter I had wouldn't work. One problem I see is that adding these spacers it pulls the buffer tube back too far to hold the buffer spring retaining pin in place. I'm using an Ace skeletonized stock btw.

Name:	15938849684945184867769467355921.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	226.9 KB 
ID:	96774  
    God Bless the USA!!

I'm NOT the award winning AK guru we all love and adore, I'm just plain ole Bam Bam, maybe #2 Bam Bam, but definitely not #1bambam!

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

Upon closer inspection of my stock I see it has a threaded hole near where it mounts to the receiver just for this i imagine.

Name:	15938852834166352284369412096084.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	96775  
    God Bless the USA!!

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

God Bless the USA!!

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Yes, using an Ace stock, that is the proper sling mount to use.

Certified gun nut!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help, guess I should have looked a little closer first! Lol
    Last edited by Bam Bam; July 4th, 2020 at 12:33 PM.
    God Bless the USA!!

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I like a two point sling, but to each his own. I just canít make the single point hook up work better than a two point. Iíve seen some decent convertible set ups but still prefer a straight 2 point with some QD points. I guess itís all in how you use it.

https://youtu.be/xIrKd5O5XFs
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...