G 43X/48 Mags

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Does anyone have any personal experience with the Shield mags for the 43x/48? I need to pickup a couple more mags for a 48. Ive been seeing some good things on the Glock forums but not sure I want to drop $40 a piece on aftermarket mags + a new mag catch.

For reference if you were unaware there was such a thing..

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48...d Mag,coating. Black Oxide... 5 Media. More

Primary Arms has the Glock 10 rounders for $19.99. I picked up some of those as well.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Does anyone have any personal experience with the Shield mags for the 43x/48? I need to pickup a couple more mags for a 48. Ive been seeing some good things on the Glock forums but not sure I want to drop $40 a piece on aftermarket mags + a new mag catch.

For reference if you were unaware there was such a thing..

https://shieldarms.com/glock-43x-48...d Mag,coating. Black Oxide... 5 Media. More

Primary Arms has the Glock 10 rounders for $19.99. I picked up some of those as well.

From what I understand once you change to the Shield Parts and Magazines you can not use the OEM Magazines without damage.
    One or the other but not both with the same setup. I am good with 10+ 1 in a small pistol.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I have 4. My 48 is an early model so I needed the extra power mag springs, provided free of charge, to get the slide to lock back on the last round. Other than that I have had no issues, even using them in a match. I believe the OEM mags will wear out over time due to the metal mag release but it should take a while.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    They work well.

You will also want to change the magazine release.

You can use factory magazines with aftermarket metal magazine release, but you should monitor the magazines for wear.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Have been using them in my G48/G43x and they are fantastic. Extra power springs and the SA metal mag release. After putting many rounds down range with them, they are now part of my EDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Posted on another forum:

"OEM mags, are a gamble at best, and the weapon should be "dedicated" either to ALL SA Mags and catches, or stay ALL OEM. I assure everyone, that is the 'only' way to approach this and have total confidence and success.

Makes sense too me amigo.

Thought I made it clear. OEM mags, are a 'gamble,' (With metal catches) actually, flat not reliable with a aluminum, or the steel catch. 'Plastic and metal do not work well together.' We have been doing these test for a very long time, and a great number of rounds, SA on lots of calls/talks/pics/reports etc. If a man wants to use OEM mags, "why" put in a metal catch?

Makes NO sense. Just stay all OEM. These SA "steel" mags, tear up the OEM "plastic" catchs. IF a person shoots a great deal, as they ought too, this don't take long. If ya don't shoot often, you "MAY," get by a little while, "but why risk it?" This is NOT a reliable combination (metal on plastic).

So, In all we have been doing since last year with all this, I assure you, that If a person is making their 43x/48 a EDC, they need to either 'dedicate fully' to all metal/steel 'catch' and the 'SA steel mags,' or just stay all OEM. That simple.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom