Alligator viewing suggestion?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    One of the grandkids from out of town wants to see an alligator in the wild. Any good places with alligators to be seen with decent access? Within an hour of Zachary preferred.
    A swamp tour is an option but weather forecast this week is terrible!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    One of the grandkids from out of town wants to see an alligator in the wild. Any good places with alligators to be seen with decent access? Within an hour of Zachary preferred.

I might go by Tickfaw Thursday with the grandkids. If you want to PM me your phone number I can let you know if we see any alligators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Take the gravel path between site 16 & 17 , i think, couple hundred yards to the pond, thats where you will see them

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Take the gravel path between site 16 & 17 , i think, couple hundred yards to the pond, thats where you will see them

Thanks for the tip. It’s been many years since I’ve been there even though it’s close to my house.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

One of the best Swamp Tours around is out of Slidell. Lots of Alligators and usually some hogs. May even get lucky in all the excitement like my son's field trip and see a gator eat a hog. That part of the Pearl River is full of Gators and hogs and while they are in fact wild...... they know that the boats feed them marshmallows and so they gravitate to them. I have taken out of town family on the one in Slidell and sever further south that were airboat tours and the airboat tours were not even half as good. Plus you can't talk on the airboats unless they stop.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Thanks for the help guys! We went to Tickfaw State park today and as advised there were 2 nice sized alligator in the fishing pond. The kids had a blast - even in the rain!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Thanks for the help guys! We went to Tickfaw State park today and as advised there were 2 nice sized alligator in the fishing pond. The kids had a blast - even in the rain!

Awesome

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My suggestions:
    Don’t carry raw chicken in your pocket
    Don’t stand too close to the water
    Don’t put your hand or head in their mouth just because you’ve seen others do it...

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    EA208FA7-C5A7-4785-B1D6-3BEAA5CDA594.jpg6C36F977-51DA-4874-B345-85BC6B4070F9.jpg
    Agree on no chicken in your pocket! They follow you around!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    This has been mentioned already, in passing.

All Gators seem to love large marshmallows. I have no idea why. I used to bring my wife out in my pirogue with a bag of large marshmallows, and they'd come right up to the boat. Pretty cool when you're gunnel is 3" above the water line.

Top Bottom