Change Shortage?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    NO CASH
    NO CHECKS
    Credit or debit cards only.

Who else has noticed these signs pooping up?

I walked into a truck stop this morning NO CASH ALLOWED

I walked back out and drove off

Thinking .Gov is wanting to track all our transactions via card usage.

I have seen a lot of those signs also. The gov tracking us? Maybe, maybe not. I am more about thinking the business is not wanting to deal with cash, have cash on hand to possibly get robbed of its cash. That is one of the reasons a business gave me when I asked them why they are no longer accepting cash as payments for goods and services at their place. Very seldom do I ever have any amount of large cash on my person at any time and I mostly pay with a credit card for items. I can cancel a credit card very soon if it is stolen from me or hacked, plus it has theft or unauthorized use protection against unauthorized purchases that I am not responsible for. Cash, well I cant cancel it or replace it if it is stolen from me. As for the gov tracking me, I am not concerned about that. They have been tracking me since I was born, when they issued me my social security card, when I had my finger prints submitted for several jobs, when I served as a jury member for federal court, when I submitted my federal income tax papers, when I submitted my social security retirement claim papers, bought many firearms over the years, and when I filed for my ffl license. They know who I am and where I am. The same for anyone else regardless if they use a credit card or not. I refer to it as the saying of, "you can run but, you can not hide". Using a credit card no longer bothers me because "they", the gov, has had my "info" for many years just like they have many other's info.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You can always get a bitcoin backed card if you wanted to try and stay anonymous without cash https://bitpay.com/card/

My aunt manages a truck stop and said they stopped taking cash due to the pandemic. But she said she was glad to do it b/c there are so many issues with cash. It is already extremely dirty so adding the possibility of transferring covid19 by handing bills and giving back change is a concern. No need for someone to count a till at the end of the day making shifts shorter meaning less you have to pay workers. No chance of the register being off b/c change was given incorrectly. No risk of someone doing jedi mind tricks with cashto try and scam a teenager working the register (you know the whole here's 100 now give me change oh here's some of the change back give me the 100, etc or i gave you a 20 not a 10 give me the correct change).

If the government wanted to track you, they would be tracking you regardless if you paid cash for everything. Cameras are everywhere and it's all uploading to a server owned by a company who will easily give government agencies the video upon request. At least some of them make that information public but most don't. Just be happy more and more areas are banning facial recognition b/c that's going to be the end of any belief that you can be "off the grid". But they don't even need it with the little tracking device you keep in your pocket 24/7. Every cell tower you get within range of triangulates your position. Every time your wifi sees a hotspot it logs it and can triangulate your position. Same with blutooth you don't even need to connect just being in range is enough to track you.

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    One of the employees at the RaceTrac gas station told me it cause of the covid virus, they don't have to handle cash that was touched by others

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Some places here charge 3% if you use a card vs cash,So to me that's like paying a 3% tax on top of the regular tax

But then again some places may only take White Leghorn Chickens, Guess it's their right?

My local mom and pop store and others local to me do not charge anything extra when using a credit card unless it is under $10, then they charge 3%. They are eating the credit card charge that the company is charging them. Some restaurants do charge up to 4% for using a credit card and to be honest I can not blame them since they are most likely getting charged 3% by the credit card company so basically they are only "making" an additional 1% over the total of what I spent on goods or services. Personally, I dont have an issue with that since I dont have to carry large amounts of cash on my person that can get stolen and can not be replaced as compared to a credit card with theft protection. It works for me but may not work for others. I am just stating what works for me and what I prefer.

jlw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    Due east
    I've seen it around the SE, but I have also seen signs for stores asking for small bills and coins.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You can always get a bitcoin backed card if you wanted to try and stay anonymous without cash https://bitpay.com/card/

My aunt manages a truck stop and said they stopped taking cash due to the pandemic. But she said she was glad to do it b/c there are so many issues with cash. It is already extremely dirty so adding the possibility of transferring covid19 by handing bills and giving back change is a concern. No need for someone to count a till at the end of the day making shifts shorter meaning less you have to pay workers. No chance of the register being off b/c change was given incorrectly. No risk of someone doing jedi mind tricks with cashto try and scam a teenager working the register (you know the whole here's 100 now give me change oh here's some of the change back give me the 100, etc or i gave you a 20 not a 10 give me the correct change).

If the government wanted to track you, they would be tracking you regardless if you paid cash for everything. Cameras are everywhere and it's all uploading to a server owned by a company who will easily give government agencies the video upon request. At least some of them make that information public but most don't. Just be happy more and more areas are banning facial recognition b/c that's going to be the end of any belief that you can be "off the grid". But they don't even need it with the little tracking device you keep in your pocket 24/7. Every cell tower you get within range of triangulates your position. Every time your wifi sees a hotspot it logs it and can triangulate your position. Same with blutooth you don't even need to connect just being in range is enough to track you.

I keep a small micro-wave on the truck floor,Its like a Faraday box for cell phones...lol

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    For those that are worried about being tracked by the government, guess what? If you have a driver's license, own any land, pay land taxes, utilities, file federal and state income tax reports and vote, have a bank account regardless if a checking or savings account; guess what, the government already has your info and the use of your card will not hurt you that much more. So, whats the big deal? You are screwed from jump street. Also, if you are posting here on this forum or any other forum, they also have you info. Get over it! ;)

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    For those that are worried about being tracked by the government, guess what? If you have a driver's license, own any land, pay land taxes, utilities, file federal and state income tax reports and vote, have a bank account regardless if a checking or savings account; guess what, the government already has your info and the use of your card will not hurt you that much more. So, whats the big deal? You are screwed from jump street. Also, if you are posting here on this forum or any other forum, they also have you info. Get over it! ;)

Dude,This is about not taking cash and the so called national coin shortage, When.Gov is the one printing money,How is there a shortage?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Dude,This is about not taking cash and the so called national coin shortage, When.Gov is the one printing money,How is there a shortage?
    From you initial post it seems you were concerned about being tracked by the goverment. Which one is your concern, a lack of change or a chance of being tracked by the government? I will present your first post here.
    "Change Shortage?

NO CASH
    NO CHECKS

Thinking .Gov is wanting to track all our transactions via card usage."

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    From you initial post it seems you were concerned about being tracked by the goverment. Which one is your concern, a lack of change or a chance of being tracked by the government? I will present your first post here.
    "Change Shortage?

NO CASH
    NO CHECKS

Thinking .Gov is wanting to track all our transactions via card usage."

Oh yeah no doubt we have G-men in our back pockets,banks,everything we do,You're correct.

I got a little sidetracked,I'm thinking cash-less society is around the corner.

Next question,How we going to pay a kid going around cutting yards,The lemonade stand,Tip the waitress with a ''donation''

Even the nice Lady's on the corner that are very friendly to the boys.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coin-shortage-covid/

https://www.frbservices.org/news/co...eral-reserve-convenes-us-coin-task-force.html

Federal Reserve Convenes U.S. Coin Task Force with Industry Partners [FONT=&amp]June 30, 2020
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Federal Reserve continues efforts to mitigate the effects of low coin inventories caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to ensure the equitable distribution of Federal Reserve coin inventory and new coin production by the U.S. Mint, which is the issuing authority for U.S. coin, the Federal Reserve announced the Strategic Allocation of Coin Inventories on June 11. Over the last two weeks, Federal Reserve Banks and coin terminals implemented this strategy, capping coin orders and allocating coin for all Federal Reserve FedCash® Services customers.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The primary issue with coin is a dramatic deceleration of coin circulation through the supply chain. As of April 2020, the U.S. Treasury estimates that the total value of coin in circulation is $47.8 billion, up from $47.4 billion as of April 2019. While there is adequate coin in the economy, the slowed pace of circulation has meant that sufficient quantities of coin are not readily available where needed. With establishments like retail shops, bank branches, transit authorities and laundromats closed, the typical places where coin enters our society have slowed or even stopped the normal circulation of coin. The coin supply chain includes many participants, from the U.S. Mint who produces new coin, to the Federal Reserve who distributes coin on the U.S. Mint’s behalf, to armored carriers, banks, retailers and consumers, all of whom have a role to play in helping to resolve this issue.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The Federal Reserve is working on many fronts with our industry partners, including the U.S. Mint, to minimize supply constraints and maximize coin production capacity. We are encouraging depository institutions to order only the coin they need to meet near-term customer demand and to remove barriers to customer coin deposits. This communication is to inform all Federal Reserve Financial Services customers of the latest developments in the Federal Reserve’s efforts to recharge the circulation of coin.
    [/FONT]

U.S. Coin Task Force Established
    [FONT=&amp]In early July, the Federal Reserve will convene a group of industry leaders for a limited-scope, limited duration task force, the U.S. Coin Task Force, to work together to identify, implement, and promote actions to reduce the consequence and duration of COVID-19 related disruptions to normal coin circulation.[/FONT]

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    We’ve been headed/herded into a ‘cashless society‘ for decades now. I can remember people discussing this a lot over the years. I don’t know when it became a prediction or prophecy, but I do have a reference in print from the 70’s that discusses how we will go cashless and what it will lead to and I believe it to be correct, as I’ve seen the majority of matter of fact statements in the book come to pass over my lifetime. I’m amazed at how few people even understand the implications of going cashless, where your money is all electronic. Everything they’ve done with money-wealth-debt-currency is the biggest magic trick in the world. Anyone ever see an incidence of the ‘market’ controlling what you can purchase with certain ‘currency’? I’ve had problems with using PayPal and a particular credit card before. The purchase refused when I had funds or credit available. Ever seen your bank relinquish or even return funds to an entity without your consent? How about your paycheck? You ever see that? Or do you have direct deposit? Yeah. Yes, your bank is in complete control of your money until you remove it. Think about it. Wonder who it is that controls the banks. My bank...If people knew that the tap could be turned off in a minute they’d lose their ****. And they will.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I dunno why anyone would wanna track me, but I rarely use cash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom