Armslist

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    Anyone else use armslist and notice every other post is a scam? It seems like every time I enquire about a fire arm I have some guy telling me that he can ship it directly to me and no one has to know. Anyone else seeing this?

Csparnecht

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    metairie
    Armslist...

I will NEVER use armslist again. Apart from the potential scams as the other user posted, I did meet up with a guy who then tried to give me counterfeit money and run away with the gun for sale. Good thing I carry for all transactions, so i was able to get the gun back.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I used Armslist years ago before I knew about Bayou Shooter. Had more bad experiences than good ones, so I'll never use it again. Too many sketchy people, scammers, and felons trying to get firearms. Armslist is complete trash. In Louisiana, anyway. I've heard great things about Armslist in other states though.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    I use armslist all the time, A little common sense goes a long way when avoiding scams is involved

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I use armslist all the time, A little common sense goes a long way when avoiding scams is involved

I don't believe anyone was saying they lack the common sense to avoid scams... That's easy to do and you can usually see the scams a mile away. I think the point being made here is that it sucks and is so annoying that there are so many on Armslist and that makes people not want to even bother scrolling through and weeding out the bulldinkle posts. I have gotten some great deals via Armslist in the past, and have never fallen for a scam, but the site has become so flooded with fake ads and sketchy people that I prefer to stick with Bayou Shooter, which is BY FAR the best forum in the state.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Seems like the scammers have increased over the years.

Had some success with it when we lived in TX, but it was second fiddle to Texas Gun Trader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmac

Hermit
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    The Bush
    I have sourced a couple of hard to find items searching their "Premium Vendors" which in my experience are reputable gun shops/pawn shops.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    As stated, you have to be cautious. I've made several buys/sales from people. Some are the same people posting on Louisiana Sportsman. It is not my 'go to' site. Recently, I cannot even see complete images there. May have something to do with this new Chromebook.

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    I just like to look and try to weed through the scams. Used to be it wasn't so bad but with in the last year its gone to hell. I'll flag a post as a scam and behold the next day it's still up

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Armslist is full of scams. There may be 1 or 2 legit ads, but most are scams. Why use Armslist when you have bayoushooter.com? I've met some of the most knowledgeable gun guys on here and they're all legitimate. Why go anywhere else, but here.

Iancallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Houma
    Armslist is full of scams. There may be 1 or 2 legit ads, but most are scams. Why use Armslist when you have bayoushooter.com? I've met some of the most knowledgeable gun guys on here and they're all legitimate. Why go anywhere else, but here.

I just look all over the place. They're are dels to be had everywhere but bayou shooter is my go to 98% of the time.

Top Bottom